Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

DEMA 2005

Started by Nemo ·

  • 38Posts
  • 38Replies

Read-only discussion

DEMA 2005

38 posts
  1. I like the happy hour idea too and I'd be happy to help organize something (since I'll be at all the happy hours myself anyway) if someone can offer a suggestion on a good place to do this. I don't know Vegas that well. I'm also driving out from the OC so if anyone needs anything brought out at the last minute (must be small—I have a small car) let me know. I'm leaving on Monday late morning.

     

    Bonnie

  2. Hi Bonnie,

     

    Can you bring a couple of "booth girls" for the Wetpixel booth please? I hear you can pick them up cheap on Sunset Blvd or Sepulveda.

     

    Thanks

    James

     

    J/K of course! Hope you guys have a blast - I won't get to make it to DEMA.

    Edited by james
  3. Certainly I can do this James, but since my car is a two-seater I would have to be one of them and I don't look as good in a bikini as I used to. :)

    Edited by underwatercolours
  4. Hi Bonnie,

     

    Can you bring a couple of "booth girls" for the Wetpixel booth please?  I hear you can pick them up cheap on Sunset Blvd or Sepulveda.

     

    Thanks

    James

     

    J/K of course!  Hope you guys have a blast - I won't get to make it to DEMA.

    Bonnie, you don't need to bring them from LA... plenty of booth girls in LV or so I've heard... of course I go to LV for the cirque du soleil shows only. Oh and since I have a 2 seater too I can take the other booth girl. :-)

    Edited by scubadru
  5. So, back to the social schedule...

     

    The first task will be to pick a night that everyone can agree will fit into their schedules. The exhibit showroom closes at 6:00 pm every night. I'm sure there are many private parties as usual, but the more public events are as follows:

     

    Monday evening - 4:30 - 6:00

    There is usually an opening night party for exhibitors, but I'm not sure where it is this year or who's sponsoring it. If I remember correctly you can get in free if you have an exhibitor badge. Usually a lot of fun because everyone is there.

     

    Wednesday evening

    Women Diver's Hall of Fame Duck Derby

    One of the most fun events on this list. Yes, paying $10 to race a rubber ducky across a pool is quite entertaining and this event usually draws a very fun crowd. They have some amazing prizes to auction off this year and I'm told that most the attendees in the past have been very cheap bidders, so you might be able to pick something up at a good price. This year they have added a motorized division to the decorated duck race and I've heard the the Atomic Aquatics duck is going to kick tail!

     

    Thursday evening

    DEMA Awards Party

    2005 NOGI Awards Banquet

    I've never been to the NOGI Awards, but the DEMA Awards Party is notoriously boring. However this year Stan Waterman is the emcee, so if you've never seen him speak before, it might be worth looking into.

     

    By the way, I am not affiliated with the promoters of any of these events. If anyone knows of any other fun events (or parties to crash) email me and I'll edit them into this list.

     

    So I would suggest a happy hour on either Thursday or Tuesday or meet early enough that everyone can do all of the above if they wanted to. The most logical place to meet would be at the bar at the Hilton, since everyone goes there anyway. I'm sure there are others in the area, I just don't know the good ones from the boring ones.

     

    Any other suggestions?

     

    Bonnie

    Edited by underwatercolours
  6. My vote would be for this one...

     

    The Cantina

    Located inside MargaritaGrille, the Cantina bar offers a relaxing and cozy environment where guests often meet before dinner. Snack on warm tortilla chips and spicy salsa while enjoying an authentic Mexican cerveza, or frozen margarita.

     

    The margarita is what got me.

  7. I just checked the DEMA website, the exhibitor appreciation reception is on Monday 4:30 - 6:00 p.m. The most fun we've had at this was in New Orleans. In fact, that was a really fun DEMA, hope New Orleans is rebuilt for next year.

     

    The Cantina sounds like fun. Margarita's are one of my personal favorite drinks. 8-)

     

    We're (Randy and I) driving in on Sunday and are leaving on Thursday morning.

     

    Kathy

  8. I spoke to the Hilton this morning and they said of the bars they have there, this would be the best option. For those who have other things planned this will also be very close to most the DEMA and exhibitor events.

     

    So how does this sound... The Cantina Bar at the Margarita Grill located at the Hilton Hotel. Let's plan to meet there at 6:00 pm on Tuesday right after the show closes. The first round of drinks will be compliments of Under Watercolours, but you've got to come early to cash in on my offer. I'll be there at 6:00 sharp.

     

    I hope too that they move the DEMA Show back to New Orleans some day, but I've heard that its going to roatate between Orlando and Las Vegas for the next ten years. I had some of the most fun times of my life in New Orleans!!

     

    Bonnie

  9. I'll be there - I'll ask the hostess to point me toward the "Wetpixel" group....

     

    Christa

  10. Ah well, I'm there wed. Have fun guys.

  11. 2nd round of drinks is on Wetpixel (within reason. :) ). I'll have to pay someone back, though. Wish I could go!

  12. 2nd round of drinks is on Wetpixel (within reason.  ).

     

    Aquatica is joining in and will cover a round of drink as well, same condition as Eric :), looking forward to press the flesh with you all, (not that flesh, you perverts :) )

     

    see ya soon

    Edited by Viz'art
  13. Wish I could make it this year - you guys will have a great time I'm sure.

     

    With all the new cameras and housings at this year's DEMA it's going to be very exciting.

     

    Cheers

    James

  14. Never mind the cameras James, will all these free drinks i wish i was going!

  15. Just got news I can make it on the 4th, so I'll be there too. Too bad the monorail doesn't go by my hotel. I hate the parking at the Hilton.

  16. Never mind the cameras James, will all these free drinks i wish i was going!

     

    With all these drinks I might be dancing on the tables. One more offer to buy a round and I may be skinny dipping in the nearest fountain! So its better if you do leave your cameras in your hotel room. What happens in Vegas...

     

    ...will probably end up on Wetpixel.

     

    I look forward to seeing you all there!

  17. I'll be happy to pick up the tab for the Wetpixel round (I'll send you the receipt Eric :) )

     

    And some of this shindig may end up in my report.....but only the really embarrassing pics :)

     

    See you guys there!

     

    C

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.