Monitor Mounting Methods and Options

First time I've mounted my 7" monitor and no surprise...it's big and heavy. Assume it will be the same story in the water. Is there a better way to mount or orient it other than what I have pictured? Seems like the farther away the monitor is from the housing the longer the lever and the easier it can move around. 

null

image.png

null

I say this having no experience mounting or using a monitor but I feel the desire to hard mount it to two or three locations on the housing and only use the screen tilt if that makes sense. Curious what has worked for others.

image.png

Hi,

I have been using a monitor housing since the end of 2020 (self-built project). I have two versions for assembly that work very well.

For macro photography, I have the monitor at the back of the housing directly in front of the camera display. So I'm in the optical axis and have no problems finding the subjects. To work close to the ground, I simply swivel the monitor upwards and can therefore work comfortably from above.

For wide angles, I place the monitor above the housing, as here the setup is, if possible, completely neutrally balanced. In addition to being able to take photos comfortably, I can also film very well and move the camera nicely in front of me.

I mounted the monitor with two clamps, which in my opinion makes it a little more flexible than just one clamp. I also tared the housing of the monitor itself so that it was as neutral and upright as possible in the water.

Hope this helps you find an optimal solution for you.

Attached are a few more pictures.

Greetings from Switzerland,

Tino

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-31 um 16.30.10.png

Macro

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 07.35.47.png

Macro

PHOTO-2023-09-29-10-04-16.jpg

Wide-Angle (Copyright by Robert Hansen)

2020-11-26_16h-44m-43s.jpg

• Like 1

The mounting also very much depends on negative buoyancy it adds. Backscatter states -600g, one YT reviewer said "heavy" - it would be interesting to get accurate number.

NA-A1 with 180mm glass and Shinobi are neutral, I used it frequently like this. (minus the beer 🤣)

20240318-175341.jpg

It also depends on style of diving. I can jump with mine from live aboard and carry it comfortably on a zodiac. Ball mounts are not that friendly.

20240323-072901.jpg

And then it also depends on the state of your vision. I have IOL implants so I focus by hands. Untreated presbyopia will move your focus point further so back mounting for macro won't be that useful. Many factors at play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.