Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Your ONE best shot of 2005

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 223Posts
  • 223Replies

Read-only discussion

Your ONE best shot of 2005

223 posts
  1. This is definitely not my best shot of the year, but it is probably my favorite.  Much has to do with how many failed mandarinfish dives I've been on...  To finally get something...

     

    Hi Linda,

     

    Glad you decided to post that pic here on wetpixel.

    Congratulations on finally getting the shot you wanted!

     

    Kind regards,

     

    Ellen

  2. Ok this was tough because I have (like many others) shots I like for very different reasons.

     

    I chose this shot because I have seen these little guys many times and have always tried to get a more unique shot of them because friends who run the Dive op say they are their favoUrite.

     

    Anyway this one was found by Rand McMeins but, he did not notice the eggs behind it at the time. :P He was probably too busy trying to be nice and point the little guy out to me. :D I had seen a few of the Grunt Skulpins in the shells on Browing Wall in Port Hardy BC, CANADA that dive but never saw the eggs because the Grunts seemed to stick their heads out when I came by. My guess now was to hide the eggs and protect them from the big bad diver.

     

    Cheers Todd

     

    medium.jpg

    Edited by yahsemtough
  3. Out of all my Indonesia shots, I went with my Catalina shot....D100 (TITAN with ROC light control), 10.5, two Ikelite DS125's shot at F14, 40th sec.

     

    Joe

    post-1513-1133905779_thumb.jpg

  4. Not up to par with the rest of you guys...but this one's my favorite this year.

     

    C

    post-2706-1133907440_thumb.jpg

  5. This is one of my favorite shots this year. I think it's pretty decent, but feel free to give me some feedback. Thanks.

    post-5273-1133915982_thumb.jpg

  6. Given all that's going on, I think I'd have to say it has to have been...

     

    .... my flu shot! :huh:

     

    Frogfish

  7. Juvenile Queen angel, Holacanthus ciliaris , Exuma, Bahamas about 10m/30ft deep. Canon s50, macro mode, 1/125th, f2.8, fl7.1mm, internal 1/2 power flash - natural color, only unsharp mask & crop. Not the best pose but I like the color and animal.

     

    21390_1128475331_IMG_0374xxweb.jpg

    Edited by Scubaskeeter
  8. For some reason that I can't quite explain, this humble shot is my favorite for the year.

     

    ascid.jpg

     

    Ascidians competing for space at Rottnest Island, Western Australia

     

    Canon 20D, Canon 100 mm macro lens, Ikelite flat port

    1/160 sec @ f/18 , ISO 400

     

    (cropped)

  9. I spent alot of time to get this shot. While i would call it a snapshot, its special to me. solomons d70 105 inons, and alot of patience

    post-2172-1133933098_thumb.jpg

  10. Here's mine. I had shot spanish shaws many times, but never before had I noticed an orifice on their sides. I took it as a challenge to try to capture the opening. I spent the whole dive in surge and playing with exposure and strobes.

    post-2800-1133933674_thumb.jpg

  11. This is the one that gave me more pleasure to take. :huh:

     

    08.jpg

    Edited by Carlos Morais
  12. Some great stuff here. I mean really great.

     

    As for me, it was an off year.

     

    ecu05_2648.jpg

  13. Here's my best shot of the year, especially since I took it on my honeymoon. :huh:

     

    pygmy.jpg

     

    Pygmy Seahorse, Boulders Dive Site, Puerto Galera, Philippines.

     

    Canon EOS 10D, Subal C10, Dual S&S YS120 strobes on Full Power, Tamron SP 90mm Macro, Woody's Diopter. ISO 100, F22, 1/125th. Processed in RSE.

     

    Stu

  14. Here's mine:

     

    Image-0C669351675511DA.jpg

  15. This all just makes me realise that I have not taken a shot underwater this year... so George, your off year is still better than mine :huh:

  16. I quite like this one.

     

    10-22mm @ 13mm

    1/200 sec, f/5.6

     

    CRW_4037.jpg

    This tiger shark was right up to the lens...... :huh:

    For people on the Jasa shark trips...You can guess where this was taken ;-)

     

    Cheers

    Derek Heasley

    Edited by tank
  17. Well, this is mine. It was taken in Wakatobi this summer

     

    p81455957wc.jpg

  18. Coleman shrimp from Komodo trip...have a good holiday all.

     

    CCD

    post-1906-1134008564_thumb.jpg

  19. post-2595-1134013646_thumb.jpg

     

    This one is special to me as it was my first Seahorse. Taken in Bonaire last week.

     

    F8, 1/125, 60mm macro

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.