Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Your ONE best shot of 2005

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 223Posts
  • 223Replies

Read-only discussion

Your ONE best shot of 2005

223 posts
  1. Heres mine. Taken with a D70 60mm lens. Guinjata Bay Mozambique.

    post-2406-1134019498_thumb.jpg

  2. OK, not my absolute best, but arguably my fav cause I picked him for the Xmas Card (or he picked himself)!! I photoed nearly ten different individual wonderpus this past trip to Bali/Alor, etc. but he is the snazziest!!!!!! Happy Holidays!!

     

    PS-also some of the best memories, here wonderfulpus was just getting started, then I got a whole series of him, mimic-ing, eating and preforming various stunts for us. And "us" were myself, Graham Abbott and members of the Alor gang! Ahhhh Pantar, Alor, great diving, great critters, great fish, great local people, great vessel, great boat-mates and superb trip leader!!!! Ahhhh, take me back!

     

    :huh:

     

    WonderpusXmascopy.jpg

    Edited by seagrant
  3. I took Luiz's approach and chose this image for the difficulty of capturing it. I had seen this behavior many times before but with the lag time on the Olympus 5050 I had never been able to get a shot of this Shortnose Batfish with it's mouth fully extended. Needless to say, I was very happy to get this one.......

     

    45172964.jpg

     

    June 20th 2005 Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles

    Olympus C5050Z, PT-015

  4. Only two trips this year, and spent the second one figuring out how to shoot a DSLR underwater. It figures that my favorite shot was on my way back to shore during the last dive of my trip. I almost missed the shot. My fiance was frantically pointing and I was looking around for something "fishy" to demand that much vigorous attention. She was pointing at the rope and was looking beyond the rope... way beyond it. That's why she's the spotter! :huh:

     

    Hydroids on a Rope - Castle Comfort, Dominica

    Canon 20D - Sigma 15mmFE

    post-4009-1134023405_thumb.jpg

  5. This is my favourite thread! So many gorgeous shots.

    My favourite in 2005 is this one:

    post-3594-1134024731_thumb.jpg

    Thilo Bürcks

    D2x, Seacam, 105mm+2xTC, 2 Seaflash 100

  6. Not the best, but by far my favorite since this was my first time in the water with playful harbor seals. It was pretty much kissing my dome port.

     

    IMG_9124.jpg

  7. Tunc123.jpg

     

    My Best shot for 2005 :huh:

     

    Tunc YavuzdoÄŸan

  8. The boy of the Witu's

     

    Hello everyone. Long time no writing on this forum.

    I've been busy busy, but here I'm back again.

    I like this picture. I shot it in May 2005 at the Witu's Islands.

    I choosed it because I thought there were not enough poeple/free divers pics in this link.

    The picture has been shot with D70 housed by Aquatica, 2 SB105 strobes and 12-24mm Nikon lens.

     

    Michel

    post-671-1134032709_thumb.jpg

  9. Well, technically it's nowhere near as good as the others posted here, but this is my favourite:

     

     

    51364713.guro_closeup_uw.JPG

  10. Some really great photos guys.

    Imaging whant a photobook Wetpixel can make!!!!

  11. I agree some really awesome stuff. So much so I cheated and changed my contribution!

     

    Alex

  12. May be this one.

     

    Canon A80. 1/200s, F/5, with Bonica external flash

    post-5613-1134043332_thumb.jpg

  13. Hi all,

     

    Awesome photos!

     

    Here's my favourite for the year, b/c mom and babe swam straight over to check me out.

     

    Canon 1D MkII, Subal housing, 15 mm fisheye

     

    Cheers,

     

    Tony

    post-3350-1134046833_thumb.jpg

  14. I'll chip in:

     

    post-4904-1134046872_thumb.jpg

     

    Swimming Rhinopias

     

    Not the nicest shot, but probably one I won't have a chance to witness or shoot again any time soon.

  15. Umm, Matt...."Not the nicest shot"....bite me!! :huh:

  16. I agree some really awesome stuff. So much so I cheated and changed my contribution!

     

    Alex

     

     

    Alls i's gots to say is.....CHEATER!!!!!

  17. post-5618-1134049637_thumb.jpg

    This is my favorite pic from my trip to the Galapagos islands in Sept/05. It was my first experience with underwater photography using a borrowed Canon A40 (only 2.0 MP)and the corresponding Canon housing I stumbled onto in a dive shop. I found this string because I want to do some more wet shooting.

    Edited by mooyootoo
  18. I got it, thanks-that's what I did the first time, I didn't realize the photo needed to be photoshoped down to size.

    Thanks

  19. This is my favorite this year (so far). From my first trip to Indonesia:

     

    squat_lobster2.jpg

     

    The limitation to 3-4 colors is what makes it most appealing to me.

     

    -Brad

  20. Like the man said, lots of truly amazing pics in this thread!

     

    As for me, no tropical trips this year - well no tropical diving trips, that is. So, I have to make do with what I get. Here's my favourite.

     

    Kungshamn, Sweden. Nikon F70s, Sigma 15mm, Hugyfot housing, DS-125 and DS-50 on iTTL, 1/500s, f11

     

    2005-09-07_0123_vertical_crop.jpg

     

    I suppose I have to cut down working and try and get a life...

     

    timo

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.