Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Your ONE best shot of 2005

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 223Posts
  • 223Replies

Read-only discussion

Your ONE best shot of 2005

223 posts
  1. here is my fav pic of the year

     

    // Johann

    post-2708-1134827026_thumb.jpg

  2. Another try at a Warty Frogfish from Lembeh

    Canon 20D, Subal, 60 mm macropost-141-1134842890_thumb.jpg

  3. Mariano (mmb), love the portrait! Great eyes.

     

    Marelo, I love the B+Ws; I agree, much U/W looks great in B+W... it lends itself to strong compositions very well. Alex's opening shot grabbed me in the same way.

     

    All the best, james

  4. Here's a link to my favorite:

    http://static.flickr.com/24/43839003_9b71e4e2b3_b.jpg

    This was taken on the USS Spiegel Grove off of Key Largo Florida. This is one of my favorite dives sites and this picture takes me back there with just one glimpse.

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  5. Another try at a Warty Frogfish from Lembeh

    Canon 20D, Subal, 60 mm macropost-141-1134842890_thumb.jpg

     

    Hey, I think I know that fish.

    Tell me if you think this is the same individual frogfish as the one pictured above:

     

    http://www.montereydiving.com/Photos/Indon...gfishyawn1.html

    http://www.montereydiving.com/Photos/Indon...gfishyawn2.html

    http://www.montereydiving.com/Photos/Indon...gfishyawn3.html

     

    All the warts and spots are in the same places.

    Perhaps it likes posing in front of Subal-housed 20D's.

     

    -Brad

    Edited by BradDB
  6. Hey guys -

    Just back from AU and Detached Reefs - awesome (story forthcoming in Fathoms Mag).

    I can't possibly pick a single image, but it would be equally difficult to pick 5 or even 10 "best" shots. Maybe best WA or best supermacro or best fish behavior - but just the best? I guess my favorite shot is usually one from my last few dives. When I sit in front of a coralhead for 90 minutes attempting to nail a shot, that experience makes me incredeidibly partial and is fresh in my mind. Such is the case with these hawkfish. I followed them around a patch of softt coral forever, attempting to frame them against the silky red space. When this moment presented itself to me I was so pleased I almost forgot to press the shutter - I momentarily froze in admiration! It is not technically my best image, the shot was a little overexposed so I worked from a raw file to rescue it. Compositionally I think it ROCKS, and having just shot it last week it is, today, my favorite image of the year.

    post-87-1134921235.jpg

  7. Hi Kasey,

     

    I can see your picture. And if you think it rocks then I really want to see it!

     

    EDIT: I couldn't see it! But now I can below.

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  8. I think Alex means "can't see your picture". Other than that I agree with him...

  9. Uh Oh - seems my incompetence has created some anticipation. Drum roll pls.....

    post-87-1134941462_thumb.jpg

  10. Under the dock at the Divi Flamingo first of Dec 2005

    post-1860-1134963961_thumb.jpg

  11. 913333.jpg

     

    Squid in the night - I encountered this squid at around 15 meter deep and he followed us for a long time, everytime putting himself in front of the camera...

     

    Sepioteuthis lessoniana - Philippines, night dive. 2005.

  12. Thats a sweet looking squid!

  13. awesome shots, everyone....tiger sharks, whales, sunbursts in cave and one potent shot which tells a whole lot of story.

     

    this is my fav for 2005, last dive of my trip. i had gotten my hippocampuses and harloquin shrimp and after shooting them, it was like, "phew! finally gotten them." but when i saw this fella, i just couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

     

    It's always the unexpected that let your heart skip a beat!!

     

    74767912_07c86049b6.jpg

     

    Eric

  14. Hi,

    Below my favorite picture of the year... and let me, at the same time, introduce you to Jorj... my Golden Retriever ! :wacko:

    Claude

     

    Jorj_31.jpg

    PS: this was, normally, one of my last non-digital uw-shoot :)

    Edited by Claude
  15. claude, you know us doggie lovers cant resist a chance to show ours. This is zacko drinking from the pool. Taken with my old n90 with a fisheye lens

    post-2172-1135189603_thumb.jpg

  16. héhéééé... great picture ! :)

  17. It may not be my best, but it is my favorite. Here's Eric looking up the nose of a tiger shark from last March's Bahamas trip. Grey O'Hara is the bait master looking on.

    post-796-1135440027_thumb.jpg

  18. This is my favorite Harlequin Shrimp

    Taken at Seraya, Bali, Indonesia

     

    65523356_9d32b3a8f0_o.jpg

     

    Camera Make: Canon

    Camera Model: Canon PowerShot A80

    Image Date: 2005:11:20 15:44:52

    Flash Used: Yes (Manual)

    Focal Length: 7.8mm

    CCD Width: 2.00mm

    Exposure Time: 0.0031 s (1/320)

    Aperture: f/4.5

    White Balance: Auto

    Metering Mode: Center Weight

    Exposure Mode: Manual

    Edited by kodiat
  19. Ok. From the Tuamotus.

    post-2288-1135582800_thumb.jpg

  20. Outstanding images everyone....lovin the dog shots...too funny

     

    Hey Chip, good to see you on here.

     

    A little feeding perchance??? he he he

    Where in the Tuamotu?

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.