Thanks Karl.. I really enjoyed your site too. Happy New Year everyone.
- 223Posts
- 223Replies
Read-only discussion
Your ONE best shot of 2005
-
-
-
-
I rather like this one. Big clownfish keeping an eye on likkle clownfish
Taken in Fiji in November.
But I also like this one too.
Go on, you decide!

-
-
-
Hi Jim, personally the second one is my favourite - beautiful lighting and lots of depth to it. I happened to read in another of your postings that you heading to Antibes this year.. I thought that you told me at the dive show that you were looking after you liver... isnt that a contradiction in terms

This is my favourite anemone fishy from 2005...
-
Hi Jane, welcome to Wetpixel. Great shot! It's da** hard to get an E. quadricolor to look red in a photo.
Cheers
James
-
Hi Jim, .. I thought that you told me at the dive show that you were looking after you liver...
Who Jim?!?!





-
Thanks James.. but one thing that is now bugging me is that recently the art director at work pointed out that my anemone fish, and in fact pretty much all anemone fish that he is sent for publication have a definate blue tinge on the bits of the fish that should be white?!?! I've since looked through my images and he is right they do have a blue tinge.. is there something that I can do about this or is it just another blond moment <_<
-
Hi Jane,
That's because the digital camera sensor is sensitive to that kind of light, whilst film just ignores it. I think the white patch on the clownfish responds to UV light which is emitted by our strobes.
Cheers
James
-
Jane, most Orange fin anemone fish have a blue tinge naturally, you need to send your art director diving...

Check out Jims first shot
-
Hi Jane,
That's because the digital camera sensor is sensitive to that kind of light, whilst film just ignores it. I think the white patch on the clownfish responds to UV light which is emitted by our strobes.
Cheers
James
And you need to dive in the Indo Pacific a little more!


-
Don't worry Mike, I've seen plenty of clownfish of all types. I've even bred them! :-)
Cheers
James
-
Perv!!


Ooo, i am feeling sarcastic this morning!
-
Thanks guys.. I'll have a word in his shell-like in the morning

-
Before I can change my mind again, I'll just hit Reply..

-
It lasted for about 3 days and then I ummm, well, sort of started getting headaches and nausea, and wasn't sleeping properly. So I had to start drinking heavily again. 
I'm much better now!

-
This is really an amazing thread full of excellent stuff.
Maybe not my best image of 2005, but it’s my favourite as I love Picasso triggers and never got one close enough before.

Julian
-
Julian what a great fish portrait and a Picasso in the same time my favorite fish...
Great colors details contrast and background...
I wish i could make this kind off Photos...
Lambis
