Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Your ONE best shot of 2005

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 223Posts
  • 223Replies

Read-only discussion

Your ONE best shot of 2005

223 posts
  1. Thanks Karl.. I really enjoyed your site too. Happy New Year everyone.

  2. One of my favorites from 2005post-1734-1136165396_thumb.jpg

  3. post-4803-1136170925_thumb.jpgStill running the favorite shot of 2005?

     

    Heres mine, Grey Reef Shark, To'au, D70 12-24mm, Ds125.

     

    Its a shame we got in the water a little too late, it would have been nice to witness them eating the rest of the MahiMahi. :(

  4. I rather like this one. Big clownfish keeping an eye on likkle clownfish

     

    Taken in Fiji in November.

    049.JPG

     

    But I also like this one too.

     

    046.JPG

     

    Go on, you decide! :)

  5. This is my best shot of 2005,

    Taken in MALINBEG harbour Co.Donegal - Southern Ireland.

     

    I had only been taking u/water photos for approx 2 months.

     

    th_P6120079.jpg

     

     

    Title of photo : LIFE IS A BITCH..

    Edited by wreckferretuk
  6. I have a new favourite (taken 29 december 2005 in Puerto Galera).

    post-1507-1136811113_thumb.jpg

  7. Hi Jim, personally the second one is my favourite - beautiful lighting and lots of depth to it. I happened to read in another of your postings that you heading to Antibes this year.. I thought that you told me at the dive show that you were looking after you liver... isnt that a contradiction in terms :(

     

    This is my favourite anemone fishy from 2005...

    post-4483-1136838130_thumb.jpg

  8. Hi Jane, welcome to Wetpixel. Great shot! It's da** hard to get an E. quadricolor to look red in a photo.

     

    Cheers

    James

  9. Hi Jim, .. I thought that you told me at the dive show that you were looking after you liver...

     

    Who Jim?!?! :(:D;):):P

  10. Thanks James.. but one thing that is now bugging me is that recently the art director at work pointed out that my anemone fish, and in fact pretty much all anemone fish that he is sent for publication have a definate blue tinge on the bits of the fish that should be white?!?! I've since looked through my images and he is right they do have a blue tinge.. is there something that I can do about this or is it just another blond moment <_<

  11. Hi Jane,

     

    That's because the digital camera sensor is sensitive to that kind of light, whilst film just ignores it. I think the white patch on the clownfish responds to UV light which is emitted by our strobes.

     

    Cheers

    James

  12. Jane, most Orange fin anemone fish have a blue tinge naturally, you need to send your art director diving... :(

     

    Check out Jims first shot

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  13. Hi Jane,

     

    That's because the digital camera sensor is sensitive to that kind of light, whilst film just ignores it.  I think the white patch on the clownfish responds to UV light which is emitted by our strobes.

     

    Cheers

    James

     

     

    And you need to dive in the Indo Pacific a little more! :(:D

  14. Don't worry Mike, I've seen plenty of clownfish of all types. I've even bred them! :-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  15. I've even bred them! :-)

     

    Cheers

    James

     

     

    Perv!! :(:D

     

    Ooo, i am feeling sarcastic this morning!

  16. Thanks guys.. I'll have a word in his shell-like in the morning :(

  17. Before I can change my mind again, I'll just hit Reply..

     

    85920671_90a7e549e3_o.jpg

  18. Who Jim?!?!  :)  :rolleyes:  :)  :lol:  :P

     

    g040.gif It lasted for about 3 days and then I ummm, well, sort of started getting headaches and nausea, and wasn't sleeping properly. So I had to start drinking heavily again. c020.gif

     

    I'm much better now! :o

  19. This is really an amazing thread full of excellent stuff.

     

    Maybe not my best image of 2005, but it’s my favourite as I love Picasso triggers and never got one close enough before.

     

    2005.jpg

     

    Julian

  20. Julian what a great fish portrait and a Picasso in the same time my favorite fish...

     

    Great colors details contrast and background...

    I wish i could make this kind off Photos...

     

    Lambis

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.