Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Your ONE best shot of 2005

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 223Posts
  • 223Replies

Read-only discussion

Your ONE best shot of 2005

223 posts
  1. My wifes first dive on the Great Barrier Reef,

     

    IMG_8885.jpg

     

    Gary

  2. Just a little something from my backyard last August.

     

    OK, back to Walt's "backyard" shot! Yea, and what a stunning backyard it is too. Most people just don't realize that Florida had some of the best diving in the world, and it is not so awfully fished-out like other places. What would you say, at least 20 large goliath grouper on that dive, at least that is what I recall seeing? I was lucky enough to witness you taking that pic in the "Hole". You are a master Walt with nerves of steel.........., I was a little concerned about how that surprised female reef shark was darting around in there, but it didn't phase you at all, you siezed the moment! Randy and I knew it was a winner when you showed it to us on safety stop. Thanks and just an awesome Florida diving day! That is also the dive when Randy spotted the tiny juv african pompano, or "threadfin"!

     

    Well Done!! I'd say that picture tells a story.

     

    Carol

    Edited by seagrant
  3. Here's mine. By the way, Walt and I share the same backyard. Memorial weekend 05.

     

    Regards,

     

    Michael Patrick O'Neill

    www.mpostock.com

    post-4615-1134624540_thumb.jpg

  4. And you guys evidently witness far too much sex in said yard...Walt seems a little more voyeuristic than you i must say...threesomes... B)

     

    Man, i just came back from a few days away and the photos on this thread are just getting better and better.

     

    WEll done everyone...keep em comin!

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  5. That's the problem with West Palm Beach diving, see too many f#@&ing turtles!

  6. Hi,

     

    I am not sure if it is my best shoot this year, but I will think it is my unusual bet shoot.

     

    marcelo_krause.jpg

     

    It is a diver in the lunar like landscape of Abismo Anhumas (Anhumas Abyss), a cave in western Brazil.

    You can see a few more pictures of the series here: http://www.marcelokrause.com.br/abismo/

     

    I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

     

    Best regards,

     

    Marcelo Krause

    marcelo@underwater.com.br

  7. marcello, the over under shot with the sun rays is just beautiful. I had to comment on it, well done

  8. This thread just keeps getting better. Fabulous stuff.

     

    Alex

  9. marcelo_krause.jpg

     

    C'est magnifique, some of the photos on your website are even more breath-taking ;)

    ;)

  10. My favorite because this guy was out in the open and felt vulnerable so he found this as his hiding place and it was a great background for him. He was lots of fun to photograph

     

    mantisadj.jpg

     

    Taken in Lembeh strait Nov. 2005

    Edited by ulcs
  11. What a GREAT thread!

     

    I have to add my "WOW!" to Marcelo for the photos at that link! FWIW, I think all of the underwater photos are/would be better in B&W than color (I find that the greens distract from the dramatic lighting without really adding anything), whereas the ones above water have quite dramatic color. Then again, you're obviously a far better photographer than I am, so feel free to totally ignore my input! ;)

  12. Hi all,

     

    I think this thread is a winner. Here's why. Not only are we seeing a great selection of images, but many of these are giving me new ideas for my own selfish use. Keep em coming! Ya!! ;)

     

    Joe

  13. Thank you all for the kind words about my photos. The beauty of the place really helps a lot. Bruce, I also think that most of the uw pictures would be great in BW.

     

    Marcelo.

  14. Hi,

    Not my Best, but my favourite ;)

    What kind of coral is that!!! This is definitely original. It's not manupuilated down there...

    post-5617-1134751422_thumb.jpg

  15. Now if that isn't pornographic I don't know what is ;).

     

    Marcelo if you have any other photographs feel free to share them.

    I just love those photos ;) /

    Edited by Jamdiver
  16. Proving that even the most common of subjects can create a special image. This parrotfish was beautifully posed in the classic cleaning pose. The parrotfish and cleaners seemed so serene and intent upon their task as they allowed to glide within what would normally be their flight distance.

     

    Parrot_at_Cleaning_Station.sized.jpg

     

    Taken at “Parrotfish Reef†in the Exumas.

  17. here is my lucky shot

    Olympus C50 Zoom PT 14 housing, no flash...

    post-5677-1134794219_thumb.jpg

  18. Hey Melo..is that from Yap?!?!

     

    ;);):P

     

    I am too lazy to actually talk...

  19. Mike, when I am in Yap, I expect you to make prior arrangement with the mantas to line up for my just like Melo's picture! otherwise I will demand a refund ;)

  20. Hi,

     

    I am not sure if it is my best shoot this year, but I will think it is my unusual bet shoot.

     

    marcelo_krause.jpg

     

    It is a diver in the lunar like landscape of Abismo Anhumas (Anhumas Abyss), a cave in western Brazil.

    You can see a few more pictures of the series here: http://www.marcelokrause.com.br/abismo/

     

    I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

     

    Best regards,

     

    Marcelo Krause

    marcelo@underwater.com.br

     

    Marcelo I loved the photo that you posted and the rest of the photos in the gallery.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.