- 223Posts
- 223Replies
Read-only discussion
Your ONE best shot of 2005
-
-
OK, not my absolute best, but arguably my fav cause I picked him for the Xmas Card (or he picked himself)!! I photoed nearly ten different individual wonderpus this past trip to Bali/Alor, etc. but he is the snazziest!!!!!! Happy Holidays!!
PS-also some of the best memories, here wonderfulpus was just getting started, then I got a whole series of him, mimic-ing, eating and preforming various stunts for us. And "us" were myself, Graham Abbott and members of the Alor gang! Ahhhh Pantar, Alor, great diving, great critters, great fish, great local people, great vessel, great boat-mates and superb trip leader!!!! Ahhhh, take me back!


-
I took Luiz's approach and chose this image for the difficulty of capturing it. I had seen this behavior many times before but with the lag time on the Olympus 5050 I had never been able to get a shot of this Shortnose Batfish with it's mouth fully extended. Needless to say, I was very happy to get this one.......

June 20th 2005 Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
Olympus C5050Z, PT-015
-
Only two trips this year, and spent the second one figuring out how to shoot a DSLR underwater. It figures that my favorite shot was on my way back to shore during the last dive of my trip. I almost missed the shot. My fiance was frantically pointing and I was looking around for something "fishy" to demand that much vigorous attention. She was pointing at the rope and was looking beyond the rope... way beyond it. That's why she's the spotter!

Hydroids on a Rope - Castle Comfort, Dominica
Canon 20D - Sigma 15mmFE
-
-
Not the best, but by far my favorite since this was my first time in the water with playful harbor seals. It was pretty much kissing my dome port.

-

My Best shot for 2005

Tunc YavuzdoÄŸan
-
The boy of the Witu's
Hello everyone. Long time no writing on this forum.
I've been busy busy, but here I'm back again.
I like this picture. I shot it in May 2005 at the Witu's Islands.
I choosed it because I thought there were not enough poeple/free divers pics in this link.
The picture has been shot with D70 housed by Aquatica, 2 SB105 strobes and 12-24mm Nikon lens.
Michel
-
Well, technically it's nowhere near as good as the others posted here, but this is my favourite:
-
Some really great photos guys.
Imaging whant a photobook Wetpixel can make!!!!
-
I agree some really awesome stuff. So much so I cheated and changed my contribution!
Alex
-
-
-
-
Umm, Matt...."Not the nicest shot"....bite me!!

-
I agree some really awesome stuff. So much so I cheated and changed my contribution!
Alex
Alls i's gots to say is.....CHEATER!!!!!
-
This is my favorite pic from my trip to the Galapagos islands in Sept/05. It was my first experience with underwater photography using a borrowed Canon A40 (only 2.0 MP)and the corresponding Canon housing I stumbled onto in a dive shop. I found this string because I want to do some more wet shooting.
-
I got it, thanks-that's what I did the first time, I didn't realize the photo needed to be photoshoped down to size.
Thanks
-
This is my favorite this year (so far). From my first trip to Indonesia:

The limitation to 3-4 colors is what makes it most appealing to me.
-Brad
-
Like the man said, lots of truly amazing pics in this thread!
As for me, no tropical trips this year - well no tropical diving trips, that is. So, I have to make do with what I get. Here's my favourite.
Kungshamn, Sweden. Nikon F70s, Sigma 15mm, Hugyfot housing, DS-125 and DS-50 on iTTL, 1/500s, f11

I suppose I have to cut down working and try and get a life...
timo