Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Antibes 2006

Started by Brumpy ·

  • 62Posts
  • 62Replies

Read-only discussion

Antibes 2006

62 posts
  1. Ok, Live from Antibes!

     

    The first day was OK nothing really special, only the movie Sharwater (90 min) was showed in slomotioin!!! i think it has somthing to do with showing a NTSC film.

     

    in the evening the official opening was good a full room 800 people and allot more outside.

     

    we have seen 2 nice diaporamas about PNG and also a movie from Rob van der Loos from Milney Bay all promotion about PNG butt verry nice shots

  2. Ok, Live from Antibes!

     

    The first day was OK nothing really special, only the movie Sharwater (90 min) was showed in slomotioin!!! i think it has somthing to do with showing a NTSC film.

     

    in the evening the official opening was good a full room 800 people and allot more outside.

     

    we have seen 2 nice diaporamas about PNG and also a movie from Rob van der Loos from Milney Bay all promotion about PNG butt verry nice shots

     

    I cannot wait. My wife and I will arrive friday morning. 800 people is a lot!

  3. Day 2

     

    i have seen movie's and diaporama's from 9 this morning till 21.15, and just had 1 hour for lunch!

    Long day, and bussy the "small room" whas full almost the whole day and that on a thurstday wow, i love it when so menny people are intrested in wat we do.

     

    I have seen a few good movies, allot of OK movie's, and also some really bad ones. but that is my opninion, we had also a small wetpixel meeting @ 13.30 in the bar 4 members where present, we go for more tommorow :-)

  4. I had a great time in the pub last night! Great group, great laugh. Headache now.

     

    I haven't seen any films. But then I very rarely watch any anyway!

     

    Hope to catch up with you guys later.

     

    Alex

  5. Sounds great,

     

    It brings back memories of last year... ;):P:D

     

    I'm definately going next year..

     

    Good luck to all and "keep on drinking those pints" (my Ozzie osbourne moment) well close.

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  6. I watched half a film yesterday. It was Planet Earth - Shallow Seas. Awesome footage as always (if you like death).

     

    Haven't seen anything else, not bothered to see the slides.

     

    Spend the day having quality banter with many photographers. It is such a special event here.

     

    Alex

  7. Death & Sex,

     

    Thats what sells these days...

     

    You should wait for my next feature...'Four killers and an Orgy'

     

    It's going to be a classic..

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(have a beer for me)B

  8. Alex, say hi to Verushka for me.... i suggested to her she should give you a kick in the butt.....

     

    so if you not lookin at slides or films... ???????

     

     

    Just a drunk eh?

     

    hahahha

     

    we will get along.... :D

  9. so if you not lookin at slides or films... ???????

    Just a drunk eh?

     

    No, it was a very civilised event. But it might have had something to do with being tear-gassed out of the restaurant on Saturday night !

  10. Congrats to Alex for winning a 2nd place in b&w prints(?). Other than that I didnt see very many people i recognize besides the obvious Michael Aw's of this world..

     

    Cor

  11. Congrats to Alex for winning a 2nd place in b&w prints(?). Other than that I didnt see very many people i recognize besides the obvious Michael Aw's of this world..

     

    Cor

     

    :D Cor, that's AWfully direct but AWesomely funny.

     

    Alex, did you walk out of the Shallow Seas to go to the bathroom again? You do know that Mark Brownlow was in the audience. :D

  12. :D Cor, that's AWfully direct but AWesomely funny.

    I didnt mean to be funny. I just didnt recognize anyone but Alex from wetpixel in the price winners. Besides wetpixel members I did ofcourse recognize some other, wellknown, people like Mr Aw.

     

    The winner of the slide competition has some awesome images. Very very nice.

     

    Cor

  13. wetpixel member Claude (Claude Ruff) won the website competition for his site:

    http://www.aquatilia.com

  14. I had a great time there and was very pleased with my award. It is always an honour to get one there. Tobias's winning portfolio is excellent, you can see it here:

     

    http://www.underwater-festival.com/fr/dire...s/or/index.html

    Excellence in every shot and includes very diverse subject matter.

     

    Quite a similar cast of winners to those in the BBC Wildlife competition (Bernhard, Aw, Lungdren and me). I had a fantastic time socially and really enjoyed all the quality photo banter with those I met.

     

    Jason Heller also has an excellent report on the festival here, which no doubt will grow when he is next online/jet-lag free:

    http://divephotoguide.com/international_un...stival_day1.php

     

    Alex

  15. Jane Morgan who won the B&W is also a Wetpixel member - and the wife of JP (AKA Frogmansub)......

     

    Agree with everyone, it was a great event again

     

    Spoke to quite a few wetpixellers, but only just realised they were members here having read back through the threads - including you André - we were nattering at Darek Sepiolo's stand I believe, and Claude showed me some stunning images of the wreck "Le Rubis"

     

    Look forward to next year...

     

    :D

  16. Spoke to quite a few wetpixellers, but only just realised they were members here having read back through the threads - including you André - we were nattering at Darek Sepiolo's stand I believe, and Claude showed me some stunning images of the wreck "Le Rubis"

     

    Look forward to next year...

     

    :D

     

    I remember you :D . You were talking about my Mozambique article right?

     

    Nice festival. And very nice to meet so many people that share the same passion.

     

    But I am still confused that the jury didn't like my Leopard Seal :)

  17. Congratulation to Alex,

     

    and for the Film-section:

     

    congratulation to Brumby who won a special price for his film, The last frontier,

     

    to Skawdiver for the Bubblings reefs,

     

    and for the audience who saw our films in the small, very crowdy and warm tent (Spondylia) :D

     

    Jules

    who won a lots of experience and knowledge how to win the next year's festival :D

  18. yep, thats a great portfolio, congrats to all...

     

    glad you guys had a good time!

  19. Ooh should really make arrangements to meet up with more people next year, didnt realise that so many were there. I was there for the whole duration on the DIVE magazine stand... or not.. socialising got the better of me. Great to spend time with Steve, Pete, Alex and Jason, oh and of course my husband, frogman! Was a complete surpise to win the b/w prints, and the champagne was good too... hic :D

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.