Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

A Royal Appointment

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 43Posts
  • 43Replies

Read-only discussion

A Royal Appointment

43 posts
  1. These Americans love the old Royal stuff.

     

    If you guys come to london you can see her madge strolling around the town markets..Just go up and say Hi.. :(

     

    Then pop up to Liverpool and have lunch with the Beatles..The U.k is one big happy family.. Sorry I'll change that 'One quaint, little happy family'...

     

    Must go, Toodel pip..God bless yer mary poppins...

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean( ;) )B

    Edited by DeanB
  2. Congrats, indeed great honor.

  3. Very cool, Alex.

  4. Alex, that really is totally cool!

     

    Very impressive, and a huge honor.

     

    Congratulations!!

     

    Mary Lynn

  5. Well deserved honor. Congratulations !

  6. Congratulations, Alex. That really is quite an honor to have a "chat" with the queen!!!!

  7. Well done! <_<

  8. Yeah right..

     

    Come on Alex we love ya mate..But you got to let it go.. It was a fantastic achievement and a bloody good shot but

     

    YOUR NOT GETTING THAT KNIGHTHOOD...Let it go brother...Let it go. ;)

     

     

    Dive safe

     

    Sir Dean(O.B.E, M.B.E) B esq....

  9. - with people to add scale.

     

    And what "people to add scale" indeed!! B)

     

    Seriously Alex, very impressive - the print and the "people". But don't you think her majesty and husband look a little more taken with the expression on the fish face?? Possibly some sort of common ground thing going on there. :D

     

    Well Done, Carol

     

     

    Yeah right..

     

    Come on Alex we love ya mate..But you got to let it go.. It was a fantastic achievement and a bloody good shot but

     

    YOUR NOT GETTING THAT KNIGHTHOOD...Let it go brother...Let it go. ;)

    Dive safe

     

    Sir Dean(O.B.E, M.B.E) B esq....

     

    "Sir" Dean (and I use that term lightly)....,

     

    Why shouldn't Alex be considered for a knighthood? I'm just an American after all but it seems to me that over history some people have recieved knighthood for a lot less than a fine and impinging photograph of a fish and its school? Plus Alex looks really sharp in his suit!!

     

    Anyway, I like that Alex posted it. It is indeed a great example and answer to the poster's question and very "on-topic"............... ;)

     

    Carol

  10. Plus Alex looks really sharp in his suit!!

     

    Yea, but what is Alex up to with that left hand?.......

  11. What every man does when he's nervous..

     

    Well nervous, happy, content cold, hot, joyus..etc..etc.

     

    Checking his 'Crown jewels'

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  12. Wow! I, too, would love to have Helen Mirren see my gallery. I'm a big fan of hers. ;)

  13. Whats the etiquette when two high ranking stars meet like this Alex ? - I mean - who has to break down and ask for an autograph first..... so, was it you or Helen ?

  14. I think that you will be fine.

     

    This photo of mine (on the wall in the background) is from the D100 - and this particular print a crop from it and was 3m high and looked great certainly to the people looking at it.

     

    queen1.jpg

     

    I would think that the D200 would be able to go considerably larger.

     

    Alex

     

    p.s. sorry for the choice of picture - but it is the only shot I have with people to add scale.

     

     

    Hey Alex.

    Did you get her Phone Number -_-

  15. Whoever printed that lifesize cardboard cutout of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh did a fab job ! I wonder what resolution image they stared with.

    -_-

  16. I think that you will be fine.

     

    This photo of mine (on the wall in the background) is from the D100 - and this particular print a crop from it and was 3m high and looked great certainly to the people looking at it.

     

    queen1.jpg

     

    I would think that the D200 would be able to go considerably larger.

     

    Alex

     

    p.s. sorry for the choice of picture - but it is the only shot I have with people to add scale.

     

    Thank's Alex. Fantastic picture. Nice to see that royalty also can come to good use once in a while -_-

    You don't happen to remember the technichal details around that print? What type of print method and what resolution etc?

     

    Cheers

  17. Well done Alex. We wrote to the Palace and got our school dinner-lady an MBE. (Now she signs her e-mails Mary MBE.)

     

    Note for foreign viewers: The British Royal family are extremely not-very-tall. The print is probably only four feet high.

  18. Who's the lady talking to this famous u/w photographer?

     

     

    A fellow subject of her Majesty,

     

    Michel

     

    :wacko:

  19. Who's the lady talking to this famous u/w photographer?

    A fellow subject of her Majesty,

     

    Michel

     

    :wacko:

     

    ...and I think it was jolly nice of Alex' bigger brother to lend him the suit for the occasion!

    (Ps. There is convention that suggests that one should not use Royalty in promoting one's business. I hope that Mr and Mrs Windsor know that and do not use the picture in any commercial way.)

    Edited by John Bantin
  20. I suspect that we will soon see something special in Mr (Sir) Alex copyright notice.

     

    It will probably read:

     

     

    Copyright (20XX) Alex Mustard. By appointment to Her majesty Queen Elizabeth II

     

    For more info on who can qualify: http://www.royalwarrant.org/

     

    Too bad the Royal family sold the Britannia, he could have loaned it from his buddies at Buckingham Palace to roam the Red Sea.

     

    For her Majesty,

     

    Michel

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.