Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Antibes at Marineland Dolphinarium.

Started by DeanB ·

  • 67Posts
  • 67Replies

Read-only discussion

Antibes at Marineland Dolphinarium.

67 posts
  1. I'd love to say yes to the flyers Eric...But I'm in the process of moving house at the mo and it keeps going weird...So I would'nt know which address to give you...

     

    But I'd gladly help out anyone who brings some along !!!!

     

    I maybe taking a camera, but there will probably be better snappers there than me... And I do tend to drink a little to happily..Camera shake and all that...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  2. No news is good news thus far Steve.
    And the real news is even better!!

     

    A huge CONGRATULATIONS to all the Wetpixel folks who made it into Antibes this year!!

     

    Download the Program

     

    I'll see you all there.

     

    (How heavy are these flyers, Eric, and where are they to be left?)

     

    Mary Lynn

  3. Hey, all. I'm going to mail some to Paul. The flyers are on glossy, heavy stock at 8.5x5.5" or so. They aren't too heavy, but will add up, I'm sure!

     

    We'll also send some magazines and media kits...

     

    thanks, everyone! If you see some flyers sitting around, grab a stack and share the love. :)

  4. Maybe I need a new passport. Those lovely people have stated that I am actually Slovenian!! hehehe, ShawnH, we're back to back mate, me leading, on Friday 26th, afternoon, in the main auditorium. Should be recovered by then after the festivities of DeanB's showing the previous evening.

     

    Looks good.

    Mark.

    Edited by CamDiver
  5. Congrats to everyone who got short listed! :)

     

    My film is showing PM on the 25th, which is a bit of a bummer as I hadn't planned on getting there till the Saturday! I'm really looking forward to meeting up with everyone and having a beer or two or three or..... well you know :D

     

    Good luck everyone.

     

    Cheers, Simon

  6. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you. Think I will enter next year.

    Steve B)

  7. Steve,

    You should see the competition!!!

     

    Daunting.

    M

  8. :):D:)

     

    Well done everyone...Its going to be a good one this year... :)

     

    Mark :(:lol: I saw that..I panicked for you as I didn't see you name at first...Slovenian ..Nuts !!

     

    Just got back from Guernsey...Hungover :) Great weekend. went beer-crazy !! on Sat night .. Collected a nice carved statue for my award...NICE !!

     

    Looking forward to Antibes..I won't be there to see my film (seen it too much lately) as I arrive on Friday, but I'm looking forward to everyone else's..

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  9. So, is there a good time and place for Wetpixel folks to get together and take Eric up on his offer of free beverage (beer for those who imbibe, Shirley Temples for those of us who don't)?? It looks like it will need to be sometime on the weekend for the folks coming in on Friday and early Saturday to be there.

     

    I'm totally stoked about being there, and looking very much forward to meeting more WP folks in person!

     

    Mary Lynn

    Edited by Mary Lynn
  10. I'm easy..and available at anytime... :)

     

    Just say the word as I'm on 24 hour free beer call out 24/7 365....Well not over xmas as I'm usually in the pub...

     

    Ciao

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  11. I'm easy..and available at anytime...
    Yep, that sounds like you mate, flashback to Yap, flashback to whelping dog, flashback to wooooo, family discussions here only.

     

    Looks like I'm gonna be getting there the 25th. Just heard my travel arrangements have changed. I'll get to see your Pike film after all mate.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  12. Well prepare yourself for a visionary spectacle of pure indulgence...Try typing that after 5 pints... -_-

     

    See you there...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

    Edited by DeanB
  13. Oh crap. I can feel a sesh coming on!! Is France ready?

     

    Cam(10 Pints)Diver

  14. I'd really love to be there this year folks, but my travel schedule is packed :) Please have a great time. Congratulations to everyone who was selected and let me know how my film looked on the big screen.

    best, shawn

    Edited by shawnh
  15. Hi Folks,

     

    Well, still hoping we will be able to catch our flight to Nice tomorrow to head to Antibes, but it is very uncertain right now. Our city is burning in many areas in the worst fires of Southern California written history. The San Diego community just to the north of where we live is now being told to evacuate (Del Mar, California). We're packed and ready to go, but not certain if it will be to the airport or to an evacuation location.

     

    More news online.

     

    Hope to see you all in Antibes, but just not sure how all this will turn out at this point. Our hearts go out to all those who have lost their homes and animals.

     

    Mary Lynn

  16. Hi Folks,

     

    Well, still hoping we will be able to catch our flight to Nice tomorrow to head to Antibes, but it is very uncertain right now. Our city is burning in many areas in the worst fires of Southern California written history. The San Diego community just to the north of where we live is now being told to evacuate (Del Mar, California). We're packed and ready to go, but not certain if it will be to the airport or to an evacuation location.

     

    More news online.

     

    Hope to see you all in Antibes, but just not sure how all this will turn out at this point. Our hearts go out to all those who have lost their homes and animals.

     

    Mary Lynn

     

    Our thoughts are with you and everyone else facing this issue. Best of luck and we hope to see you, safely, in Antibes. It will make that beer even more worthy.

     

    Mark

  17. Yes absolutely...Take care of yourself ....But hopefully see you there...

     

    Anybody else from wetpix in the affected area's ???

     

    Dive safe

     

    Stay safe

     

    DeanB

  18. Argh. My parents' home is right in the path. :)

     

    fireinrsf.png

  19. I am also in San Diego and, so far, my section appears safe tho you can smell the smoke all around here. I called a friend yesterday to see if they needed a place to stay. My timing was perfect as they were rushing out because of evacuations. They got back to me last night, they were in a hotel and didn't know if their house was still standing or a pile of embers.

    Mary Lynn....you and your hubby Steve are more than welcome to stay here if you have to get out. I have the extra rooms, just give a call.

     

    Right now, I have filmed my entire house, have the computer and hard drives ready to go, my guitars, and my wallet, along with my dogs and.....what did I forget....oh yeah....my wife...I'll bring her too.;-)

    Steve B)

     

    ps. Eric.....if you send me your folks phone number I will call them and see if they need a place to stay...they'd be more than welcome.

    Edited by steve
  20. Eric, I was afraid that was the case with your location. Heartfelt thoughts that all will be well for you and your family. Hopefully, the winds will shift and the firefighters can make a strong stand there to save homes in that neighbohood.

     

    Our home should be OK, evacuations still a few miles to the north and the wind is shifting, so we are heading to Antibes.

     

    Steve, thank you for your very kind offer. Please stay safe and no heroics! We'll be staying in touch with family remaining in SD--all are safe. It's a very terrible time. So many have lost homes, animals, everything.

     

    ML

    Edited by Mary Lynn
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.