Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

DEMA 2007 Wetpixel Happy Hour, Friday Nov 2, 2007

Started by echeng ·

  • 37Posts
  • 37Replies

Read-only discussion

DEMA 2007 Wetpixel Happy Hour, Friday Nov 2, 2007

37 posts
  1. Hello, Wetpixel members!

     

    We're planning on taking over the Rosen Centre Hotel's Lobby Lounge Bar again this year on the evening of Friday, November 2, 2007. Let us know if you will be at DEMA this year. Matt Segal and I will be covering the show, and Eli Woolery and my friend, Heidi Connal, will be representing Wetpixel Quarterly at DivePhotoGuide's booth (#2449).

     

    2007 Wetpixel DEMA Happy Hour

     

    Friday, November 2, 2007 at 8:15PM

    50-100 ft past the Lobby Lounge Bar at the Rosen Centre Hotel (on 9840 International Drive)

    Last year, we had four free rounds of drinks, sponsored Wetpixel.com, Scubapix, Backscatter, and Aquatica. Any volunteers this year? :) I plan on turning bright red (a curse bestowed upon me by my ethnicity).

     

    UPDATE: Reef Photo & Video will be covering round 2, and INON America, round 3!

     

    UPDATE: The happy hour will be just past the lobby lounge bar at a private nook on the right. Walk to the bar, turn left, walk down about 50-100 feet, and look to the right. :D

     

    Links for coverage from last year:

    http://wetpixel.com/i.php/full/dema-2006-s...py-hour-nov-10/

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15320

     

    061109_205240_echeng3667.jpg

    Edited by echeng
  2. and the colour changing echeng puts out an offer i hate to turn down !

  3. i would love to see a red Cheng... but i won't be there.. boo!

  4. Won't be there Friday, otherwise we can have redness contest.

  5. I could be bringing a few fairly rowdy Brit non-Wetpixelers to liven things up. They will probably even buy a few drinks.

  6. Sounds good!

     

    Where are all the manufacturers with offers to buy alcohol?

     

    Who else will be there? -_-

     

    The reason we aren't doing this on Saturday is because people will be taking off after the show ends...

  7. Hi Eric,

     

    NCUPS will be at DEMA again this year (booth #361). We'll be sure to come to the Wetpixel party and will drag along our new helper Art (he'll probably drag us).

     

    Best,

    Kathy

  8. Eric:

     

    Carol, Kim, and I will be there. I guess due to their upcoming twins, Paul and Lena can't make it this year. -_-

     

    Doug

  9. Great! Can't wait to see you guys. Do we need name tags, or is that too dorky?

  10. Actually the fourth round was provided by this Aquatica company www.aquatica.ca and not the one linked in Eric initial post which is a swimming web site of some sort, and last I checked my pay check said Aquatica and not Light & Motion, unless the team traded me -_- (in refrerence to last year DEMA's picture http://wetpixel.com/i.php/full/dema-2006-s...y-hour-nov-10/)

     

    I will be there, name tag are dorky but so useful, so I vote for them. and we should put both or name and Wetpixel call sign on it here are some simple standard sized pattern.

     

    post-1676-1192809393_thumb.jpg

     

    post-1676-1192809406_thumb.jpg

  11. Strange! you're listed as Aquatica in the list, but not in the caption. I'll have to fix that sometime.

     

    Also, I fixed the Aquatica link. -_-

  12. Thank's

  13. Hello, Wetpixel members!

     

    We're planning on taking over the Rosen Centre Hotel's Lobby Lounge Bar again this year on the evening of Friday, November 2, 2007. Let us know if you will be at DEMA this year. Matt Segal and I will be covering the show, and Eli Woolery and my friend, Heidi Connal, will be representing Wetpixel Quarterly.

     

    I have been off line too long. But I was there last year and I will be there this year too. But now with the wife.

  14. André, you make that sound like it's a bad thing. :)

  15. André, you make that sound like it's a bad thing. :)

     

    Oh no! That is not what I meant. We are looking forward to be there.

  16. Anyone else going to DEMA this year?

     

    I will be there, name tag are dorky but so useful, so I vote for them. and we should put both or name and Wetpixel call sign on it here are some simple standard sized pattern.

    We've prepped name tags. See you there. :D

  17. Anyone else going to DEMA this year?

    We've prepped name tags. See you there. :D

     

    Yes see you there. But first the Antibes festival! André on tour :P

  18. I'll be there, but don't know my evening plans yet.

  19. Hello Eric,

     

    I'll be at DEMA this year. Will James also be there?

     

    divegypsy

  20. I would love to have some fun but the Compliancy Dept. of the HM Inland Revenue & Customs (UK) has informed me that if any of my trips abroad have ANY element of leisure, none of the expenses can be set against my profit for the year. So I will be there but I will be miserable and shall certainly be at work 100 percent of the time.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.