Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

DEMA, NOV 8-11, 2006, Orlando

Started by echeng ·

  • 78Posts
  • 78Replies

Read-only discussion

DEMA, NOV 8-11, 2006, Orlando

78 posts
  1. Hey guys. Let's get a list of Wetpixelians (Wetpixelers?) who will be at DEMA. If you're going, and you aren't in the Industry group here, something's wrong. :blush: (this is important because we may end up discussion a few things in the industry-only area of Wetpixel)

     

    I'll be there covering the show with Willy Volk (Divester), Norbert Wu (Loud Snoring Productions), Drew Wong (Video Bitch), Paul Ng and Lena Goh (Paul has reported on past shows).

     

    If we've never seen you before, post a photo of yourself, or introduce yourself in the Introductions topic (top of this thread).

     

    We're going to plan a meeting for drinks on the evening of the 9th or 10th. Wetpixel buys the first round! (more info as the date gets closer)

    Edited by echeng
  2. my first round consists of 12 rum and cokes... for me alone..

     

     

    will you pay the airfare from Yap?

  3. Mike:

     

    I saw that Manta Ray Bay hotel and Yap Divers both have booths at the show. I thought you'd find a way to schmooze your way onto the plane and make it to Orlando! I could have helped out with one of your "rounds", but can't swing the airfare! :blush: Sorry you won't be there. I was hoping to FINALLY meet you!

     

    And Eric -- of course I'll be there. Looking forward to dinner with you, Paul, & Lena as well as the manatee snorkelling!

     

    Doug

  4. Doug.... ya, welll.... you can see some of my videos and such. Just talk to Bill about Texas and you can be family...

     

     

    hahha

  5. I'll be joining the contingent from St. Vincent and the Grenadines, my non-diving husband will be accompaning me.

     

    This will be my second DEMA, and I hope that it turns out better than my visit to Las Vegas last year. (I was robbed in the arrivals hall, the pick pocket got away with my credit cards, and I was travelling alone. Fortunately I had stashed some cash so I was not all together stuck!). Mind you the Hilton were not very helpful, and once I was finally able to check in to my pre-booked room, I was especially dissappointed with the 'This water has been placed in your room with the compliments of the Las Vegas Hilton' - great, open the bottle, take a large chug as super thirsty -'Your room will be charged US$4.00 for each bottle you use' - spit water across room in dis-belief.......checked out following day, went to Stardust instead!

     

    Anyway, mines a large Bloody Mary, and I really look forward to having a function to go to this year!

     

    Kay Wilson,

    Indigo Dive,

    St. Vincent, WI.

  6. Lets get a hat passed around for the manta boy - it would be great to have him fall out the window...... Who knows what he could get up to in civilisation.

  7. Hi Eric,

     

    I'll be there.. wandering aimlessly.

     

    Cp B)

  8. Ultralight Control Systems will be there Booth # 1666 with Subal next to us.

     

    Stop by and say hi if you have time

     

    Terry

  9. Lets get a hat passed around for the manta boy - it would be great to have him fall out the window...... Who knows what he could get up to in civilisation.

     

     

    I thought that was your specialty :glare: :blush:

  10. Here's Peter himself... (a re-enactment, with ScubaZoo guys):

     

    060423_022406_echeng8991.jpg

  11. Though not a member of the 'Industry' group. I get to go on my wifes business ticket -never know about the latest fashions in scuba gear.

    Do I still get to have a drink with you guys? :blush:

  12. Well, I'm new to Wetpixel (this week). Just learning my way around here, and seeing what your all about. So far, I've been impressed with what I've seen and heard in this forum. Some highly knowledgable and helpful people around.

     

    With that said, yes...I'll be at DEMA. If fact, both "Ellis Boys" will be there....wandering the isles :blush: (burp), meeting with firends :lol: (burp), and seeing if I can get my brother back into Seaworld. He was removed from the park last year. Seems he misunderstood the description of a "blow hole". Poor, poor Shamu!

     

    Yeah, we'll be at DEMA.

    Edited by h2opictures
  13. We're not members of the industry group either, but...

     

    Randy and I will be at DEMA with a few other NCUPS members. I'm not sure what our booth number is, look for the UPS logo. We would love to have Wetpixel members come introduce themselves.

     

    And we're in for a cocktail party also, last year's was great fun!

     

    Kathy Mendes

  14. Greetings!

     

    My real name is Allan Jones, but I post under the name of Okuma!

     

    I'll be in the ADVENTURE H2O booth in the Indonesia area.

     

    WE run an up scale dive boat in the Banda Sea and Irian Jaya areas of Indonesia.

     

    I extend an invitation to all to stop by and introduce ouyr selves.

     

    Also, if you want to use our booth as a location to meet up with others, plaese do so

     

    Since I'm posting from the remote wilds of Kailau-Kona, Hawaii, I can not provide you our booth number, but will do so at a later date!

     

    Allan

  15. Greetings,

     

    I will be at the Ikelite booth so stop by and say "Hi!"

     

    I will also try and attend any cocktail party to perform my patented slow flash synch blurry shots depicting drunken debauchery and fun like last year :blush:

     

    Hope to see old and new friends in Orlando!

     

    David Haas

  16. Does anyone here have some sort of wireless access card for the PC that I can borrow for the weekend? Looking for Cingular BroadbandConnect/EDGE or Verizon EVDO -- does anyone even know if these things work in Orlando? (or Borlando, as Drew calls it)...

    Edited by echeng
  17. Ouch, that hurts, talking about my home town like that. I do not have a card but it's likely you can rent one. If you like I can make some local enquiries. Yes everything works here. :blush:

  18. It looks like Drew has just been roped into going to help cover video stuff, so you can accost him for dissin' your town when you see him there. :blush:

  19. I'll be there. As a photo nut, I'm sure I'll catch up with some of you at the various photo tables.

  20. Will be there. Shall stop by a few booths to say hello.

     

    Michel

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.