Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

DEMA, NOV 8-11, 2006, Orlando

Started by echeng ·

  • 78Posts
  • 78Replies

Read-only discussion

DEMA, NOV 8-11, 2006, Orlando

78 posts
  1. I'll be there this year! And hope to meet up with all the Wetpixel folks who are going!

     

    Eric, I plan to have my Verizon card with me as well. Won't need to use it very often....

     

    Mary Lynn

    DiveFilm.com

  2. We're going to plan a meeting for drinks on the evening of the 9th or 10th. Wetpixel buys the first round! (more info as the date gets closer)

     

    Same as last year I got Aquatica covering a round (Blake say's it should'nt be that expensive since Mike Veitch won't be there :blush: ) if it's half what it wat last year, it will be tons of fun. :blush:

     

    Regards

     

    Jean Bruneau

  3. Hey folks,

    I expect to be there on Fri and Sat. I will be busy with with a few projects while there but would love to connect with you all.

    shawn

  4. (Blake say's it should'nt be that expensive since Mike Veitch won't be there ;) )

     

    Regards

     

    Jean Bruneau

     

     

    Blake is buying?!? sweet.... i will call Continental now!! :blush::blush:

  5. (Reposted from the Industry forum)

    I shall be at DEMA as usual. Please introduce yourself before you hit me! (It gets so confusing otherwise.)

    post-4197-1159259651_thumb.jpg

    Edited by John Bantin
  6. you have any idea how to use that video in your lap john? and i mean underwater....

  7. you have any idea how to use that video in your lap john? and i mean underwater....

     

     

    What video? I thought it was a microwave oven!

     

    (You would not believe I have directed films in Hollywood! Yes, it is true.)

  8. I expect that I can contribute some fine Australian Wine to the cause, and can get TAKA DIVE AND assorted other boat operators to contrubute.

    Edited by pmooney
  9. Hey, guys.

     

    Does anyone have suggestions for where we should meet? I'm thinking we'll time it to coincide with the DEMA awards -- Friday night, November 10th.

     

    A good number of people are only getting in on the 8th and 9th, so the evening of the 10th is probably our best bet to meet up.

     

    I'm staying at the Rosen Centre Hotel just across the street from the convention center. Does anyone know if it has a proper bar? The website says that its lobby lounge bar is "ideal for both quiet conversation with friends and colleagues or for solitary time and personal reflection" -- definitely not what we want.

     

    How about the Rosen Centre Hotel pool bar, 8pm, Friday the 10th?

  10. That's probably as good a place as any, at least to start..... :)

    Make sure everyone is clear that it is the Rosen Center and NOT the Rosen Plaza. They are similar hotels on either side of the convention center, the Plaza is a little closer.

     

    Hey, guys.

     

    Does anyone have suggestions for where we should meet? I'm thinking we'll time it to coincide with the DEMA awards -- Friday night, November 10th.

     

    A good number of people are only getting in on the 8th and 9th, so the evening of the 10th is probably our best bet to meet up.

     

    I'm staying at the Rosen Centre Hotel just across the street from the convention center. Does anyone know if it has a proper bar? The website says that its lobby lounge bar is "ideal for both quiet conversation with friends and colleagues or for solitary time and personal reflection" -- definitely not what we want.

     

    How about the Rosen Centre Hotel pool bar, 8pm, Friday the 10th?

  11. Lobby bar can get rowdy too.

  12. I will be there for the duration, mostly at the Dive Rite booth but I will be making the rounds.

     

    Nemo

  13. Hi!

     

    I've been enjoying Wet pixel since Eric invited me to check it out @ Dema (best tip in dismal Houston show).

     

    I havn't participated as I've been a film luddite (aside from weighing in on salvage issue, once). Going to Dema to pu housing (finally!). Then I'll join the dialoge w/ gusto.

     

    THanks,

     

    Joe K

  14. :)

     

    Sure would be nice if we had a way to identify each other. How about some sort of symbol we can add to our name badges?

  15. We should all have hats like Eric's :D

  16. I'll be there for a few days from the 9th. So the 10th sounds good to me to have a social.

  17. Anyone want to start a little earlier than 8:00 pm for happy hour? I've got another dinner that night but sure would like to get together and see some familiar faces. Dave? Jean? Kathy? Any takers?

     

    Bonnie

  18. Definitely earlier is OK by me. Since the show closes each night at 6 p.m.

     

    dhaas

  19. Anyone want to start a little earlier than 8:00 pm for happy hour? I've got another dinner that night but sure would like to get together and see some familiar faces. Dave? Jean? Kathy? Any takers?

     

    Bonnie

     

    I think we could be there a little earlier. We can warm the place up a bit!

     

    Kathy

  20. Sorry I will miss out on the gathering. I'm getting in on Tuesday evening but will be leaving Friday, early evening on the 10th. Hoist a R & C or two for me!!!

    Hopefully, I will meet some of you on the floor during the day.

    Steve B)

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.