Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Post a recent underwater portrait of yourself!

Started by echeng ·

  • 42Posts
  • 42Replies

Read-only discussion

Post a recent underwater portrait of yourself!

42 posts
  1. We do far too little of this sort of thing here at Wetpixel. Let's see underwater portraits of all of us with cameras!

     

    Here's an image Douglas Seifert snapped of me during our trip to the Solomons last September:

     

    DouglasSeifertSol2.jpg

     

    I'm shooting a Seacam Canon 1D/1Ds Mk2 housing, dual Ike DS-125 strobes, Fisheye focus light, Macromate, Oceanic mini-Shadow mask, and slightly puffy hair.

     

    And here's one that Cor Bosman took of me underneath the Bilikiki:

     

    COR_20070922_24251.jpg

     

    Can anyone tell what camera I'm holding? :D

    Edited by echeng
  2. There is something not quite 'right' about that second shot.

     

    Paul C

  3. There is something not quite 'right' about that second shot.

     

    Paul C

     

     

    He's not wearing a mask.

  4. Yea, knew I would spot it eventually........

  5. Can anyone tell what camera I'm holding?

     

    Flooded one? :D

  6. Hey...send Dougie over to me and He can shoot me in action...Be afraid... :D B)

     

    Eric, he does nothing by halfs.... I'll find one out... :)

     

     

    flooded one...Nice... has it got more than 10 million WET pixels... :P

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  7. Yea, knew I would spot it eventually........

     

     

    Eric also sseems to be able to breath underwater without extraneous things, like regulators :D

  8. Hmmm guess I need to ask people to take shots of me next time. B)

     

    I love the compactness of that underwater camera. Sure would help cut down on the travel weight. I suggest the on house flash might need a little more power though. :D

     

    Cheers

     

    Todd

    Edited by yahsemtough
  9. OK, here's an "Aquaman - Master of the Seas" :D shot of me taken by Cor Bosman (should this thread be called, "Post a recent portrait of yourself taken by Cor"? :P ) with Shearwater in the background. The camera is the Canon 1Ds MkII/Seacam in my sig line.

    212420364-M.jpg

     

    And here's one taken of me by David Haas - on a separate Shearwater trip - with the same camera and housing, but a macro lens instead of WA:

    BY%20with%20macro%20lens.jpg

    Edited by bmyates
  10. You know you've been to Tiger Beach too many times when you decide to use a macro lens there...

  11. You know you've been to Tiger Beach too many times when you decide to use a macro lens there...

     

    :D That's true, although I DO have a reasonable explanation!

     

    I actually really like (with the full-frame 1Ds MkII) the Sigma 50mm macro lens for midrange fish/shark shots, and that's what I was using in the macro port in that shot. The 50mm makes it easier to fill the frame from farther away, and since that was my first visit to Tiger Beach, I didn't realize I would have plenty of chances to fill the frame with wider lenses. :P Here are a couple of the "macro" shots I got with the 50mm:

    2005-06-07-2428-shrunken4w.jpg

    2005-06-08-2496-shrunken4w.jpg

  12. Me adjusting strobes and fat-fingering the shutter release

    Ken-Adjusting-Strobes.jpg

     

     

     

    Same thing here - another oops self portrait. This one happened right on the surface (I'm on my back up reg...) and is pretty clean, tho.

    Ken-Self-Portrait.jpg

     

     

    I'm the only one in my group that shoots, so I have no other shots of me.

     

    Cool topic.

     

    ---

    Ken

    Edited by mo2vation
  13. Another Shearwater pic; only half underwater during lemon snaps

    And my first try out of the Tokina 10-17

    post-5478-1193357576_thumb.jpg

    post-5478-1193357795_thumb.jpg

    Edited by loftus
  14. Can anyone tell what camera I'm holding? :P

     

    A prototype Canonos? :D

  15. Self portrait with Nemo while goofing around in the shallows on Cabilao Island, Philippines.

     

    1485276430_355d6a0ce4_o.jpg

  16. that's me. taken by my camera :D

    post-5531-1193383918_thumb.jpg

  17. Me in the Red Sea, shot with my rig by a friend.

     

    cheers

     

    post-5597-1193396691_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Christian K
  18. Me (on the right taking photo) with Deano Cook, Tattoo artist, painter and of course UW photographer.

     

    I emailed him that we look like we're doing an advertisment for Atomic masks :D AKA the Atomic Mask BoyZ

     

    Is there an UW photographer that DOESN'T take self portraits?

     

    dhaas

     

     

    post-244-1193427910_thumb.jpg

  19. Poor viz is probably a good thing :D

    post-5434-1193455771_thumb.jpg

  20. One year ago...

     

    lou_image_actual.jpg

     

    1980....

     

    lou_image_1980.jpg

     

     

    Do you see any difference ? :D

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.