Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Post a recent underwater portrait of yourself!

Started by echeng ·

  • 42Posts
  • 42Replies

Read-only discussion

Post a recent underwater portrait of yourself!

42 posts
  1. Don't you hate it when you cant shake them..

     

    213442733-L.jpg

  2. Is there an UW photographer that DOESN'T take self portraits?
    No!

     

    LHB150707-09.jpg

    Edited by Gudge
  3. Not really recent. I was still shooting with the Olympus 5050.

    Photo by Todd Mintz

     

    me.jpg

    Edited by herbko
  4. Only have self portraits so here are my favs:

     

    12turt_me.jpg

     

    11wally_me.jpg

     

    me%20lionfish.jpg

  5. Great shots, Gary -- it's quite a feat getting BOTH "models" in a self-portrait to cooperate that well! :guiness:

  6. Great thread. Funny pictures. Here is my contribution - aiming to lower both the average photographic quality and good looks of the subject.

     

    Here is one of me (self portrait):

    green3.jpg

     

    And here is one that my girlfriend took of me - while she was modelling - I was zooming that Tokina:

    1413909001_3224e3eaff.jpg

     

    And here is one she took of me modelling!

    1414795462_9dfc3b5cbf.jpg

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  7. www.divernet.com is awash with underwater pictures of me (every time I write about a regulator) and everyone must be bored with seeing my hairy face, so lowering the standard just a little, here's a different picture from that site. It illustrates a piece about travelling light. Sorry, it's not underwater!

    post-4197-1193597650_thumb.jpg

    Edited by John Bantin
  8. :guiness: That's gonna take some topping. ;)

     

    Alex

  9. The puzzled look will be familiar to a few perhaps; "has that bloody zoom ring disengaged again?"

     

    me.jpg

  10. ;) That's gonna take some topping. :ninja:

     

    Indeed! :guiness:

     

    OTOH, if we MUST see scantily clad topside photos, I personally prefer a slightly different type... ;)

    post-65-1193601610_thumb.jpg

  11. Not so impressive as John's portrait

     

    post-68-1193603061_thumb.jpg

     

    Don't I look like an angel with that halo? :guiness:

    Edited by Arnon_Ayal
  12. www.divernet.com is awash with underwater pictures of me (every time I write about a regulator) and everyone must be bored with seeing my hairy face, so lowering the standard just a little, here's a different picture from that site. It illustrates a piece about travelling light. Sorry, it's not underwater!

     

    In keeping with John's theme, "Portrait Of/From Rear", here's one of me at recent Shark Shootout.

    post-630-1193607276_thumb.jpg

     

    and from my perspective, a moment earlier:

    post-630-1193608208_thumb.jpg

    Edited by StephenFrink
  13. A rare cameraless moment when my wife uses my rig to take my picture in the solomons

    post-2172-1193669089_thumb.jpg

  14. www.divernet.com is awash with underwater pictures of me (every time I write about a regulator) and everyone must be bored with seeing my hairy face, so lowering the standard just a little, here's a different picture from that site. It illustrates a piece about travelling light. Sorry, it's not underwater!

     

    Ok, I know baggage restrictions are getting tough, but seriously, next time bring less camera gear. Also, I really hope I never get the seat next to you on the plane. Or the seat you were sitting in.

     

    Fun thread - nice to see all you pros still goof around. Took my (so far) only self portrait on my first-ever quarry test dive with my camera. Here's that fine effort (complete with puffy hair and Popeye forearms):

     

    214536811-S-0.jpg

    Edited by tjgreen
  15. post-5837-1193680698_thumb.jpg

     

     

    First outing with a DSLR, when I was working out how to manually set the strobe.

  16. Luisa and I by Enrique Faber: (I am trying to find a selfportrait with some triggerfish "very interested" in me :guiness: )

     

     

    _DSC0105.jpg

  17. Strong Aura that one that I have....

     

    post-6136-1193711553_thumb.jpg

    Edited by rodriguezfelix
  18. Shot by my wife while in the warm Malaysian waters. I'm only wearing a rash shirt! Now I'm looking forward to New Years off Vancouver Island.

    post-6333-1193775902_thumb.jpg

  19. Shot by my friend Rui Guerra while in the cold Atlantic Portuguese waters... ;)

     

    PortugalAtlanticOcean.jpg

     

    just waiting, fixed in the jonline, in midwater for the pelagic to came :guiness:

    Edited by Carlos Morais
  20. post-3540-1193808010_thumb.jpg

     

    The above is a bit of a stretch: "Let's see underwater portraits of all of us with cameras!"

     

    OK, my feet were underwater! But the camera was mostly underwater.

    This is a self-portrait using a Seacam remote release, see it in my hand in this blow-up from another shot:

    post-3540-1193808253_thumb.jpg

    So I was with the camera. B)

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.