Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Wetpixel Google Map

Started by cor ·

  • 60Posts
  • 60Replies

Read-only discussion

Wetpixel Google Map

60 posts
  1. It is a very fun map!

     

    Thank you very much Cor!

     

    By the way, is it possible to change my signup mail to davidbarrio at yahoo.com

     

    I tried to change in My Controls but says that mail is already in use (maybe I signed up long time ago with another name?)

     

    Thank you!

  2. - hey, I have a whole country!)

     

    That's nothing, Leonandclaudia seem to have a whole continent (Africa), and Savio has all of South America to play in!

     

    Cheers

     

    Dave

    Edited by Halabriel
  3. Does the top right of the window show a 'Logout' link? Just making sure you're actually logged in according to this page. Maybe something there doesnt sync right.

     

    Cor

     

    Hi Cor

     

    I have the same problem (maybe). I'm logged in and I tried yesterday to mark my position and it seemed to work but when I looked at the map I couldn't see my marker. I tried a few times, I can't see my name on the list either. Today I can't even seem to place a marker. I'm using Safari on a Mac if that matters.

     

    Cheers for the idea anyway it is very cool.

     

    Saeed

  4. Cor

     

    Any way of adding a menu link (on the Blogs...Gallery...Live Chat...etc bar) that takes you directly to the map?

     

    Cheers

     

    Hal

  5. Already in the works, but I cant get the darn menu to update. Hopefully Eric or Matt can help me out.

     

    Cor

  6. Hi Cor

     

    I have the same problem (maybe). I'm logged in and I tried yesterday to mark my position and it seemed to work but when I looked at the map I couldn't see my marker. I tried a few times, I can't see my name on the list either. Today I can't even seem to place a marker. I'm using Safari on a Mac if that matters.

     

    Cheers for the idea anyway it is very cool.

     

    Saeed

    Just tried it on Safari/Mac (safari 3.1.1, OSX 10.4.11). I'll try 10.5.2 at home. So far it works. Can you try Firefox to see if it's a browser issue?

  7. Just tried it on Safari/Mac (safari 3.1.1, OSX 10.4.11). I'll try 10.5.2 at home. So far it works. Can you try Firefox to see if it's a browser issue?

     

    Its a browser problem. Firefox worked. Sorry I should have tried it before hassling you, I know Safari can be a pain.

     

    Anyway great feature, now I can see just how close I really live to Alex..........

    Edited by saeedrashid
  8. This is a really cool fxeature. Its great to help folks get in touch and just to see where everyone is from.

     

    But what would be really useful is some way to post dive locations, along with the KML/KMZ files for GoogleEarth. Photos could also carry this information linking you to the dive site where a photo was taken. With several free applications, its trivial to upload these to your GPS, or just cruise around and look at the satellite pictures of the area to plan your next trip.

  9. Hey Cor, what a great idea! Something else to suck up all my spare time. :guiness: How about putting a different symbol on the map for the sponsors. A camera maybe? I'm always telling folks to go handle the system before they buy. How cool would it be to have one place to go (The Map) no matter where one is in the world to find the nearest O-ring/ parts/service? Not sure about the Wetpixel business model but it's strikes me that it would be worth something to me if I was selling U/W stuff to be "On the Map". Maybe it's a seperate commercial map? Something to think about.

     

    When did the Pakman move to North Korea? :guiness:

     

    Steve

  10. Any way of adding a menu link (on the Blogs...Gallery...Live Chat...etc bar) that takes you directly to the map?
    A direct link to the Wetpixel map has been added under 'Resources' on the main menu bar. For your browsing convenience :guiness:.
  11. I think a different icon for sponsors is a great idea William, and im not even thinking commercially there. Just knowing where some of these places are is great. I'll be on a tiny boat with Eric for a week and im sure we'll be discussing all these possibilities, including different data as markers.

  12. A direct link to the Wetpixel map has been added under 'Resources' on the main menu bar. For your browsing convenience :guiness:.

    Sorry, I can't find it

     

    Cheers

     

    Hal

  13. halabriel..it's called 'Member map' under Resources. If you cant find it, chances are you have to force-reload the page because of caching

  14. halabriel..it's called 'Member map' under Resources. If you cant find it, chances are you have to force-reload the page because of caching

     

    Nope, can't find it even have logged out and back in.

    The only things under resources are: Classifieds, Live Chat, Free stuff and Member list

    I am using Firefox on a Mac OS 10.5 at home, but couldn't see it on my work PC either

     

    ....

     

     

    Oh there it is - not sure what was different, but up it popped

     

    Cheers

     

    Hal

    Edited by Halabriel
  15. Nope, can't find it even have logged out and back in.

    The only things under resources are: Classifieds, Live Chat, Free stuff and Member list

    I am using Firefox on a Mac OS 10.5 at home, but couldn't see it on my work PC either

     

    I had the same problem until I cleared the cache then it popped up...

  16. Very Cool! Thanks a lot. You can not only see my building but the location of my office within the building.

  17. Cor,

     

    Mega feature - Nice job!

     

    Although you can see my house (and its windows - Wow!) I've put my flag next to the closest dive site to where I live.

     

    Check it out, you'll find a "myriad" of fish, "stunning vistas" and loads of other cliched stuff.

     

    Well, maybe not, but it is a protected area (unlike the UK's coastline) and home to a really rare newt.

     

    Hey - I've just noticed, that's not my car in the driveway, what's my wife been up to!?!

  18. I changed the icon to what I think is a nicer one. I also added a new map type (top right corner named 'terrain'), and I also include release notes as a clickable link on the bottom left corner. If you think things have changed, check there first.

     

    Im already working on changing things so you dont see so many overlapping icons, but instead see 1 larger icon until you zoom in deep enough. Wetpixel moderator acroporas is helping me with that, but we're still working out some kinks.

     

    Cor

  19. Nice job Cor - I see I have my own island, not too much of a surprise don't know many here who dive and take pics.

     

    Paul C

  20. Hi Cor

     

    Very nice feature!!!!

    But I can not make it work. Every time I click on edit your position, it ask me to log in. I log in, come back an then it ask to log in again.

    I have tried firefox, safari, and IE.

    Am I missing something?

     

    Thanks

     

    Marcelo.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.