Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Anyone upgrade a DS-125 battery pack?

Started by davehicks ·

  • 86Posts
  • 86Replies

Read-only discussion

Anyone upgrade a DS-125 battery pack?

86 posts
  1. Yes, its an old thread but, does anybody have a current link to suitable replacement batteries for the battery pack for Ikelite strobes.

    I clicked on a couple of the old links but they are dead.

    Thankyou

  2. I have rebuilt a few of these battery packs in the past, and had another one die just recently. I happened to be in a Batteries+Bulbs store and noticed that they rebuild battery packs. After a short discussion, I brought them the dead DS-161 NiMH pack and they rebuilt it for about $45. A bit more than it would have cost be for parts, but they have a proper spot welder to solder the cells. I was pleasantly surprised they did the job for a very reasonable price. The battery pack is working great.

  3. Anyone know of somewhere to get the sub c cells that fit in Europe?

  4. My accupacks are not ready to be upgraded but I bookmarked these. https://www.ebay.nl/itm/281272377843 there are similar items in other shops as well. I am sure you could ask the supplier to measure properly.

     

     

    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  5. Here is the question and answer from the web site.

     

    pdBtnAsk.gif
    1 Question | 1 Answer

    Q.
    Bill from Indianapolis, IN asked:
    What are the dimensions?
    A.
    Customer Service: Dimension: Height 43.06mm, Diameter 22.1mm

    Weight: 59g (2.1 oz)

     

    ................................................................

     

    The diameter of the original batteries 22.2mm .874"

    What is the diameter of your cells? Maybe they changed since the question was answered. The cells I used were only 3300 ma. attachicon.gifbattery.jpg

     

    Have the seller provide the exact measurements before you purchase it.

     

    Bill

    here is a updated link

     

    http://www.batteryspace.com/nimhrechargeablecellscsize12v3300mahflattop1pc.aspx

  6. Found this video on youtube too

     

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.