Half my family were ringing me about this job... It cetainly looks good and with a £70,000 pay deal it seems to good to be true... But forestry warden and wildlife management are not on my list of 'have dones'...
In this time of recession this would be a real dream job come true...
Dive safe
DeanB
Ou man... where do I sign!!!
Smart ad campaign. Buzzzzz! 20 to 1 they choose a model looking type.
20 to 1 they choose a model looking type.
you mean someone like me???
my guess is it has to be an aussie. Work permits etc etc
you mean someone like me???
Sorry they also have an age limit of under 27
my guess is it has to be an aussie. Work permits etc etc
Possibly. I think anyone who is under 27 can apply for that job due to that exchange work visa thing. Plus if it's queensland tourism they put it on the visa fast track.
This was up on BBC this morning, sounds too good to be true but maybe someone here is interested
Wow. I clicked on the second link and saw the beach... Very cool and the pay is for 6 months.
20 to 1 they choose a model looking type.
Its a shame I do all my best work behind the camera, or else I would apply.
I figure they will pick someone that will add to the marketing/ad. hype...
checked the mirror...did not look like the winner...sigh...
Sorry they also have an age limit of under 27
Possibly. I think anyone who is under 27 can apply for that job due to that exchange work visa thing. Plus if it's queensland tourism they put it on the visa fast track.
Members of the common wealth whilst under the age of 27 can easily apply for a 1 year working visa and a 1 year travel visa to run concurrently in any other commonwealth country. Hence you will find so many Brits living and working from Sydney to Cairns and thousands of Aussies flipping burgers in Leicester Square. Apparently Burger King is a novelty to an Aussie who is stuck with Hungry Jacks !!
It's one of those things put in place for all the gap year folks either before or after College.
Also one thing that Americans can't get in on !
I can't see the rules yet Drew must have taken all their bandwidth up reading them. But model .. knowledge .. experience .. BAM .. I think we know who has got it in the bag !
my guess is it has to be an aussie. Work permits etc etc
That's all sorted for the winner as far as I know.
If you do win, you'd spend some of the 150k on a RIB to get you around and about in the Whitsundays.
i would apply but i have a week in the red sea already booked for that time of year....
I think they got the pay wrong in that UK article, it's being advertised here paying AU$75k for a 6 month contract.
So tempting to apply, I'm even looking for work right now, but alas, I'm not an in front of the camera person!
LOL the BBC not checking their facts?!? It's AU$150k... says so in all major newspapers and on the official website:
What's more ridiculous is I got 17 emails from friends and family asking me to apply for the job. Obviously they don't know it's a marketing stunt by Queensland Tourism and there is no real conservation going on.
Btw the official site is down... probably creamed by the millions of hits.
I think they got the pay wrong in that UK article, it's being advertised here paying AU$75k for a 6 month contract.
So tempting to apply, I'm even looking for work right now, but alas, I'm not an in front of the camera person!
Ou come one Aussie!
I'm sure You are one of the best candidates WetPixel can put out. So if You are looking for a job anyhow, then go nail it so that the rest of us can come crash at "You'r" place
Cheers
Scubamoose
Just in case the website still isn't working... I was forwarded this pdf 5 times from people (sheesh!)
There has already been about 106,000 people check out the dream job advert and 150 people have already submitted applications. So thinking there is a few people interested in the job.
So as a care taker, will that allow you to report to the world media about how the Queensland Goverment is allowing the waters around the Great Barrier Reef to be used for the commercial fishing of sharks. I bet thats one thing you won't be able to put in your weekly blog for the world to read.
I think it's a big publicity stunt to attract tourists.
This was up on BBC this morning, sounds too good to be true but maybe someone here is interested
Queensland Tourism have been on television here on the local current affairs programs saying that its just a way to promote the area and to attract more tourists. Their not denying that its a publicoty stunt.