Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

My new SLR set up, Nikon D90, Aquatica and Inon Z240's

Started by Scubysnaps ·

  • 40Posts
  • 40Replies

Read-only discussion

My new SLR set up, Nikon D90, Aquatica and Inon Z240's

40 posts
  1. Always double check your brass contacts Greg before you join them up :) SO are your flashes working now!?

     

    I just messed with it a bit, flashed a couple times, then not again. I then, turned the hot shoe connection around and BINGO!!!! What a schmuck I am....LOL. I can not believe how fast (1 second) it takes to fire again. With my DX-1g I had to wait almost 10 secs between Card writing and flash recycle...WOW!!!!!!

  2. 0911_pool_practise_30.jpg

     

    0911_pool_practise_51.jpg

     

    0911_pool_practise_56.jpg

     

    0911_pool_practise_71.jpg

     

    0911_pool_practise_95.jpg

     

    My first shots from pool practise at Visions last Sunday. Spot the one thats real!

  3. Thought I may as well throw a quick one in of my new camera booth I made the other week in the spare room! Cameras not there as its in the boot/trunk ready for the Martin Edge course tomorrow!!!

    4122288497_7f282f1079_m.jpg

  4. Have fun Woody!! :)

  5. Have a great time on the course.

     

    Love the scary pool creatures but where's the fabulous one of the perfectly trimmed out diver? :)

  6. you don't really want ne to put up the pics of you do you!?

     

     

    Ha ha - no!

  7. ... where's the fabulous one of the perfectly trimmed out diver...

     

    I can't imagine, if Woody won't play ball...

     

    post-4522-1259180872.jpg

     

    Tim

     

    ;)

  8. ok ok ;)

     

     

     

    :)

     

    4133768657_1c1cb95e39_m.jpg

     

    4134527842_741886ddc3_m.jpg

     

    If only I knew how to get them on here bigger via WP or Flickr!?

     

     

    I can't imagine, if Woody won't play ball...

     

    post-4522-1259180872.jpg

     

    Tim

     

    :)

  9. This is going to sound dumb, but I took my Aquatica housing and D90 diving and it worked great, but now I'm having problems taking off the extension ring. The dome port came off after twisting it off and pulling, but the extension ring won't budge. Anyone have any tips?

  10. Anyone have any tips?

     

    Make sure you have released any port locks (On my Sea & Sea it is internal to the housing) then get yourself a flexible strap wrench and have a go. Happens to me all the time. I carry an inexpensive plastic version with me.

     

    Good luck,

    Steve

  11. This is going to sound dumb, but I took my Aquatica housing and D90 diving and it worked great, but now I'm having problems taking off the extension ring. The dome port came off after twisting it off and pulling, but the extension ring won't budge. Anyone have any tips?

    Are you pressing the silver port lock button (on the bottom right hand corner as you look at it) and twisting it anti-clockwise? How long/how many dives has the extension ring been in place for?

  12. Are you pressing the silver port lock button (on the bottom right hand corner as you look at it) and twisting it anti-clockwise? How long/how many dives has the extension ring been in place for?

     

    Yup, pressing the port lock button and it starts to turn (or I think it starts to turn) and then it stops and won't budge anymore. It was on for 8 dives (consecutive). Though at this point it's been on for about an additional 5 days after diving. Is it possible it's a strength issue? I got the dome port of without a problem after turning it, but that didn't have the port lock.

    Edited by mdliu
  13. Yup, pressing the port lock button and it starts to turn (or I think it starts to turn) and then it stops and won't budge anymore. It was on for 8 dives (consecutive). Though at this point it's been on for about an additional 5 days after diving. Is it possible it's a strength issue? I got the dome port of without a problem after turning it, but that didn't have the port lock.

     

    You have to push and keep the port lock button (key #14 in your instruction manual) down while you rotate, if you look at the mechanism from the inside you will see the plunger that locks the dome, by pressing the port lock button you can see that it clears the path for removal. I doubt the system is jammed, if the extension or port are left on for long period they become pretty stiff to turn, (this is why we recommend storing extension apart from the ports or housing).

     

    Make shure you lube properly next time you put the port in.

     

    Cheers

  14. You have to push and keep the port lock button (key #14 in your instruction manual) down while you rotate, if you look at the mechanism from the inside you will see the plunger that locks the dome, by pressing the port lock button you can see that it clears the path for removal. I doubt the system is jammed, if the extension or port are left on for long period they become pretty stiff to turn, (this is why we recommend storing extension apart from the ports or housing).

     

    Make shure you lube properly next time you put the port in.

     

    Cheers

     

    Yup, I see the plunger and it comes out all the way but the extension port still won't budge (I swear I lubed it up before put it on, but that was a while ago). I'm going to take it into an authorize reseller this weekend to see if they can get it off as my hands are getting sore from trying to turn it. As a side note I'm female and my hands barely get around the extension port.

     

    Thanks for all the help!

  15. Yup, I see the plunger and it comes out all the way but the extension port still won't budge (I swear I lubed it up before put it on, but that was a while ago). I'm going to take it into an authorize reseller this weekend to see if they can get it off as my hands are getting sore from trying to turn it. As a side note I'm female and my hands barely get around the extension port.

     

    Thanks for all the help!

     

     

    Please let me know the outcome, I'm very paternal when it comes to our gears :)

  16. Please let me know the outcome, I'm very paternal when it comes to our gears :)

     

    Will do!

  17. Please let me know the outcome, I'm very paternal when it comes to our gears :island:

     

    So I went in, and found that I had twisted it properly, but that it needed to be leveraged off with a screwdriver. Apparently, it got stuck on somehow, more lube next time. :-)

  18. THX!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.