Hi Everyone
Well it's been a while since I have posted a update. I have been busy skiing and shoveling snow but I did find some time to work on the project. I have assembled the prototype and needed to make some changes to the original schematic. After the modifications it works great. I now have to run those modifications past the EE who is working with me on the project and then we will go on to the next step of making it small and using surface mount chips.
This section is a area inviting comments and feedback. Without getting too much into the details of how things work I will attempt to describe the circuit as well as it's functions. One of the concerns when designing the project was power consumption as well as space required as we already have the connection to the housing solved. We have a power saving feature installed that will really extend the length of the battery life. My minimum requirements were to be able to run on one battery for 12 hours a day for at least 7 days on a single coin cell. After all coin cells are not that expensive.
The circuit also contains a moisture sensor. With a good battery, anytime there is water in the housing you will get a red flashing alarm regardless if you are in power-saving mode or not. The unit will automatically come out of power-saver mode as we didn't want any manual switches etc.
If you have less than 2" of vacuum in the housing then you will be in power saving mode.
If you have from 2" to 8" of vacuum in the housing then you will see a rapid flashing red alarm.
If you have from 8" to 10" of vacuum in the housing then you will see a slow flashing red alarm.
If you have from 10" to 12" of vacuum in the housing then you will see a solid green safe light.
The way I figure it if you have a lose of vacuum you have a problem !!!!!
I am open to ideas and suggestions in this area.
More updates to follow.
Bill Libecap