On the other side of the coin we have our friends from Sea & Sea. They make great gear but where is the Sea & Sea 7D housing? I haven't seen one picture or snippet of info and this from a company that should be out in front like Aquatica's great choice for the 7D.
Nexus also seem to be missing in action - my Japanese isn't very good but I couldn't see anything about a 7D housing on their website.
"I have counted at least three nice websites with pictures just in the US with distributers popping up all over the world."
Speaking of which, UnderWaterVisions' (official distributor of Nauticam in the UK) website is up and running now at www.uwvisions.com
I'll just sit here quietly and let the products speak for themselves.
They make great gear but where is the Sea & Sea 7D housing?
Sea & Sea have usually chosen to produce their housings for certain camera lines and not all, probably based on potential sales. Take the MDX Pro housing for the D700. It was a limited run production. Perhaps they don't see the 7D as a potential hit for underwater market and will concentrate on the T2i/550D market? Judging from the past, the marketing department of Sea & Sea has always been less savvy than many others. It could be corporate culture as well.
Perhaps they don't see the 7D as a potential hit for underwater market and will concentrate on the T2i/550D market? Judging from the past, the marketing department of Sea & Sea has always been less savvy than many others. It could be corporate culture as well.
Speaking of which, UnderWaterVisions' (official distributor of Nauticam in the UK) website is up and running now at www.uwvisions.com
Nicely done sir. That's the first time I have seen a Canon port chart for the Nauticam.
Cheers,
Steve
The first batch of Sea & Sea MDX-7D housings has been pushed back to the beginning of April now.
Here are a few shots I took last week while diving the Nauticam 7D prototype. Weather did not cooperate at all. I scheduled to be in the water 4 days, and I was luck enough to get a day and a half.
Mike, is the water banding from the compression to jpg or the camera's results? It's pretty frightening.
Nicely done sir. That's the first time I have seen a Canon port chart for the Nauticam.
Thanks, that's a nice implementation. I'm curious about a couple of the recommendations. It shows the same port for the 60mm and the 100mm if I'm readying it right. The port chart linked to the Nauticam USA site shows a longer Compact port 50 for the 100mm. Probably should expect a few typos until it gets in the hands of you guys and you get some experience with the gear. Another great reason for guys like me to spend time with our shops. The macro port that accepts the Inon looks like fun.
Cheers,
Steve
Mike, is the water banding from the compression to jpg or the camera's results? It's pretty frightening.
I'm wondering how you processed these Mike. Also wondering how you thought the housing handled. I'm curious about the new buttons on the back for the multicontroller, etc.
The manatee portraits are nice,
Cheers,
Steve
Mike, is the water banding from the compression to jpg or the camera's results? It's pretty frightening.
I'm interested in this as well, hopefully it's the processing/compression. The pics from the 7D I saw on the backscatter website look really good though!
Hi guys,
Sorry about that. The images showed larger on here than I planned. I had compressed to be a low quality for quick loading on our Nauticam site (images wouldnt be this big). Ill upload higher res images today.
Thank you
Thanks Mike. I was just concerned that the 7D didn't have an issue... since DXO marked it so low ;D
Yeah, no issues the full res images look great. I had one of my editors prep the images for me cuz i wanted to get them on here. I sent a request, will have it this weekend sometime, hopefully today.
I have some close up photos of the different controls on the NA-7D will will be posted as well. They did some nice layout and engineering...however my original thoughts still stand. None of these housings are designed for video shooters. They are still housings with video access! Being primarily a video shooter, I still cannot see myself ever taking a 7D or 5d2 housing out with the intention of shooting video, we just are not there yet. More on this in my report.
Hey Mike did you shoot these with the 10-17 and the Zen 100mm dome?
Just guessing,
Steve
Thanks, that's a nice implementation. I'm curious about a couple of the recommendations. It shows the same port for the 60mm and the 100mm if I'm readying it right. The port chart linked to the Nauticam USA site shows a longer Compact port 50 for the 100mm. Probably should expect a few typos until it gets in the hands of you guys and you get some experience with the gear. Another great reason for guys like me to spend time with our shops. The macro port that accepts the Inon looks like fun.
It looks like our recommendation is going to be to use the Macro Port 60C w/ a Locking Extension Ring 50 for the new 100 /2.8 L IS USM. The non-L lens might be best with an Extension Ring 40, but I haven't had a chance to check it yet. This is the most versatile solution in my opinion, as that same extension ring is used with may superwide rectilinear lenses. This will be a bit heavier than the compact port solution on the official chart, though.
Thanks Ryan! Would you hazard a guess when the 7D Housing is going to start shipping?
Cheers,
Steve
Can anyone let me know what the thread size is of the strobe mounting bases please?
Steve,
Yes this was shot with the Zen 100mm dome and an locking extension rings 20.