Hi,
My husband and I are debating about which digital Canon to get (I'm biased... I work for Canon...) the Rebel or the 10D. My main use for the camera is to get back into SLR photography above water. My husband's use will be both, but he will probably win the fight over who gets to use it U/W! After all, I have my housed S45... which did great in Palau!
We are not professional photographers, nor have any inclination to ever do so... I say that the Rebel is enough and the 10D is overkill for us. However...
His main concern is the use of strobes... he has Sea&Sea strobes (forgot which ones), and has always shot TTL with his Nikonos.
We have heard that with the Rebel, since there is no PC port, he would have to go Manual control on the strobes. Is this true? (He admits that he is lazy and doesn't want the added stress to learn how to do manual control as well as learn how to use the camera!!)
Next question - lenses... he likes to do macro and the debate is between a 50mm Macro and the 100mm Macro. Will the housings available for either camera accomodate the longer lens? I guess the question is are there ports available?
And what are people using for wide angle? With the 1.6x chip factor, a 15mm fisheye is equivalent to a 24mm WA and he feels this isn't wide enough. Any comments?
Thanks for your excellent help in these matters! ![]()