Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica housing for Nikon D7000 information

Started by Aussiebyron ·

  • 156Posts
  • 156Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica housing for Nikon D7000 information

156 posts
  1. Out of interest Jean, when do you expect the first batch to be out by?

  2. What is the latest on the production of the AD7000 housing? Will they begin to appear soon?

     

    Thanks, Ray J

  3. What is the latest on the production of the AD7000 housing? Will they begin to appear soon?

     

    Thanks, Ray J

     

    I ordered mine from Backscatter a month or so ago. I got an email several days ago saying Aquatica was to start shipping February 1st.

  4. I'm not one to BS , I'm waiting for the production team to get me a realistic time frame for delivery. I should have this answer beginning of next week.

  5. Dumb question but was reviewing Alex's review and for Macro he wrote about switching "9-point dynamic area AF mode". Going through the menus I cannot find this feature. In "Number of focus Points" I just find AF39 or AF11. Could some one give me directions to 9-point?

     

    Thanks

  6. It's not in the menus - you have to press the focus button in the centre of the M-AF switch.

     

    Actually I have found myself using 3D tracking almost exclusively now. Although for wide angle I use the standard 37 point.

     

    Alex

     

    It's not in the menus - you have to press the focus button in the centre of the M-AF switch.

     

    Actually I have found myself using 3D tracking almost exclusively now. Although for wide angle I use the standard 37 point.

     

    Alex

  7. Thanks Alex, one of many "duh" moments I am sure. Why is it every time I open a Manual I wake up 20mins later head down, drooling on a flat surface?

  8. I had a chance to shoot a pre-production prototype of Aquatica's AD7000 housing in Dominica last week - here are a few of the first underwater images taken with it. I'm in the middle of writing a review of the full system, so expect that to be ready soon.

     

     

    post-9396-1295883328.jpg

    "Champagne" bubbles

    Tokina 10-17mm @17mm with magic filter

    F29, 1/6, ISO 100

    No strobes

     

     

    post-9396-1295883320.jpg

    Diver with sponges

    Tokina 10-17mm @13mm

    F9, 1/40, ISO 100

    2 x Ikelite DS160 strobes

     

     

    post-9396-1295882796.jpg

    Scorpionfish eye

    Nikon 105mm VR

    F16, 1/320, ISO 100

    1 x Ikelite DS160 strobes with ReefNet Fiber Optic Micro Snoot

     

     

    post-9396-1295882803.jpg

    Sharptail eel

    Tokina 10-17mm @12mm

    F10, 1/160, ISO 100

    2 x Ikelite DS160 strobes

     

     

    post-9396-1295882809.jpg

    Pederson shrimp

    Nikon 105mm VR with +10 diopter ReefNet SubSee Magnifier

    F14, 1/200, ISO 125

    2 x Ikelite DS160 strobes

     

     

    Keri

  9. Really like the Sharptail ell shot!

  10. Really like the Sharptail ell shot!

     

    Thanks! That's my favorite of this bunch also :P

     

    Keri

  11. Thanks! That's my favorite of this bunch also :P

     

    Keri

     

    I love eels, never get tired of shooting them myself, but that is my favorite eel shot I've seen -- wonderful stuff Keri!

     

    John

  12. Hey Keri,

    Were you using the little dome on the eel shot? Wonderful light!

     

    Have fun,

    Steve

  13. I like them all. But I really like the Champagne bubbles - really original shot. The eel is great too.

     

    Alex

  14. Steve - No minidome. Quite the contrary actually - I had the 9.25" megadome installed. This was really just a lucky shot, considering the camera wasn't held to my head, and I was swimming backward over the reef.

     

    Alex - The magic filter really helped for that bubble shot. I tried using strobes to give colour to the foreground, but bubbles were being captured as well, taking away from the long(ish) exposure effect. The blues came out much nicer with the magic filter installed also.

     

    Thanks for the comments, guys!

     

     

    Keri

  15. Steve - No minidome. Quite the contrary actually - I had the 9.25" megadome installed. This was really just a lucky shot, considering the camera wasn't held to my head, and I was swimming backward over the reef.

    Keri

     

     

    You did a great job getting the strobes wrapped around that big dome. Have fun!

     

    Steve

  16. Hi Keri,

     

    Can you give us a report on the D7000 Aquatica housing as It would be nice to hear some of the plus and minuses of the setup before I recieve mine in 3 weeks!

     

    Regards Mark

  17. Well done my fellow Canadian. I like the scorpionfish eye (did something similar in Bonaire ; ) ) Great stuff my friend.

     

    Cheers

     

    Todd

  18. Mark - I'm writing a review of the system as we speak, and should have it published shortly. I'll tell you right now though... you'll be happy with it. Aquatica has really stepped their game up now that they're CNC machining their housing from blocks of aluminum rather than casting them.

     

    Thanks, Todd - looking forward to seeing what you've got!

     

     

    Keri

  19. Hi All: Thanks for the great information and wonderful photos (I love the eel shot). Does anyone know if the AD7000, when used with the Aquatica 4 inch dome and 10-17 lens require an extension ring? Thanks, Ray J

  20. Hi All: Thanks for the great information and wonderful photos (I love the eel shot). Does anyone know if the AD7000, when used with the Aquatica 4 inch dome and 10-17 lens require an extension ring? Thanks, Ray J

     

    According to their port/lens chart, which is damn near impossible to find on the website, it doesn't require an extension.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.