I think the D7000 with the mini dome is the same as the D90 with the mini dome. You will need the extension #18456
The link for port and extension for Nikon Dx: http://aquatica.ca/en/charts/nikon_type_2.pdf
Cheers Mark
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by Aussiebyron ·
Read-only discussion
I think the D7000 with the mini dome is the same as the D90 with the mini dome. You will need the extension #18456
The link for port and extension for Nikon Dx: http://aquatica.ca/en/charts/nikon_type_2.pdf
Cheers Mark
Anyone know waht the difference between the Aquatica Type 1 chart and Aquatica Type 2 chart. I know the Type 3 is for full frame cameras. Thanks, Ray J
Hi All: Thanks for the great information and wonderful photos (I love the eel shot). Does anyone know if the AD7000, when used with the Aquatica 4 inch dome and 10-17 lens require an extension ring? Thanks, Ray J
The AD7000 housing when used with a Tokina 10-17mm will require and extension # 18456, Zoom gear is 48717
If using with the Kenko TC1.4x then use extension 18453 and zoom gear 48731
The lens chart (Type 4) is expected to be on line in about a week or so, meanwhile if any question, I'm here ![]()
Chris, You can normally find the lens chart for any Aquatica housings just by going to the appropriate model section, the way I setup the website is so that you can have access to the lens charts and the owners manual easily, right now the AD7000 housing is only partially on line, but all other are available going all the way to the Nikon D70.
Mark, the D90 chart is close but slightly different (especially gears numbering)
Gee! now I feel the pressure to get the chart out, thank's guys
give me a week.
Anyone know waht the difference between the Aquatica Type 1 chart and Aquatica Type 2 chart. I know the Type 3 is for full frame cameras. Thanks, Ray J
In this case, it has to do with the camera body location in the housing, some of the older cast aluminum housing and compact housing needed to have the camera body positionned at a different distance. type 1,2, 3 (and 4) all use the same extensions and ports, what changes, in some case, is the extension lenght assigned to a specific lens.
Chris, You can normally find the lens chart for any Aquatica housings just by going to the appropriate model section, the way I setup the website is so that you can have access to the lens charts and the owners manual easily, right now the AD7000 housing is only partially on line, but all other are available going all the way to the Nikon D70.
Jean-
I should have been more clear. Yes, all the charts are easy to find except for the D7000. You do a great job with the site!
Jean-I should have been more clear. Yes, all the charts are easy to find except for the D7000. You do a great job with the site!
I'm in the process of translating it to French and then I will update the english site yet with new documents such as "learn more about ports", strobe placement, TTL exposure, extension rings and their purposes etc. , pretty much in the same line as the Field guide to Aquatica Bulkhead I already put on line in the connectors section.
Man, it's a lot of work, but I like the direction where the site is going.
BTW if any of you are shooting an Aquatica housing and would like to join our gallery section, please shoot me a pm,
Hi Jean,
Are you going to post a collection of pics showing everyone the Aquatica housing as they done with the Nauticam? I would love to see what I am getting in a few weeks.
Regards Mark
Mark - I've got lots of images of the housing, including detail shots of internal components, but I'm holding off posting those until I've got the review of the camera/housing complete. This past week I was bogged down with shipping SubSee units out, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to get the review out this weekend, now that I've got some room to breath.
Here are a couple of shots that might help tie you over
:
*NOTE: the sub-command dial, live view switch, and on/off button (above the shutter-release) are unfinished in this photo. They will be powder-coated just like all other buttons/levers in production versions; Aquatica didn't have time to get these finished before I left for Dominica*
Stay tuned for more...
Keri
Thanks Keri,
Do you have some pics of the new port lever (inside and out) so I can see roughyl how it works?
Regards Mark
Anyone know the current status of Keri's review or a ship date for the housing?
Sorry for the delay! One thing led to another, and now it's pushing 4000 words (and still growing)
Just have a few more topics to cover, and then I'll get it out.
Keri
Anyone heard how the production is going for the AD7000 housing? Ray J
I heard that if everything goes well they will hopefully be sending out production units at the end of next week.
I am itching to get my hands on the #8 housing I ordered.
Regards Mark
Hi all,
Keri Wilk's excellent review of the Aquatica AD7000 housing and D7000 camera is now up on the front page here.
Adam
I would have to say that Keri has done an excellent job at reviewing the Aquatica AD7000 housing. By looking at the internal mechanics of the housing it shows that there has been alot of thought and engineering taken place especially when I compare it against my Aquatica AD90.
After reading Keri's review I am even more excited about recieving my Aquatica AD7000 and shooting with the high shutter speeds over the clear summer waters here in Australia.
Regards Mark
I would have to say that Keri has done an excellent job at reviewing the Aquatica AD7000 housing. By looking at the internal mechanics of the housing it shows that there has been alot of thought and engineering taken place especially when I compare it against my Aquatica AD90.
After reading Keri's review I am even more excited about recieving my Aquatica AD7000 and shooting with the high shutter speeds over the clear summer waters here in Australia.
Regards Mark
Dang! I see a post by Mark and I immediately think you have received your housing and have posted some new shots for us! Hopefully soon... looking forward to hearing another in-the-field consumer report.
John
Dang! I see a post by Mark and I immediately think you have received your housing and have posted some new shots for us! Hopefully soon... looking forward to hearing another in-the-field consumer report.
John
+1 ![]()
+2
I can tell you now guys as soon as I get my housing it will be in the water and getting a full work out. Diving conditions here have been simply awesome with large amounts of Leopard Sharks and Manta Ray action. I got a text from my mate Peter Hitchins from South West Rocks Dive Centre and the conditions down there are some of the best he has ever seen. 40-50m vis, 27c water and 70+ Grey Nurse sharks in one spot.
As soon as I get the housing I am going down there.
Regards Mark
Just a heads up, I have put up Keri's review in a downloadable PDF here http://www.aquatica.ca/en/press_releases/d...wilk_review.pdf
Cheers
Oh! and yes we are getting there ![]()
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.