Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica housing for Nikon D7000 information

Started by Aussiebyron ·

  • 156Posts
  • 156Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica housing for Nikon D7000 information

156 posts
  1. Oh! and yes we are getting there :P

     

    Yes We are !!-http://images.wetpixel.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/drink.gifhttp://images.wetpixel.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/drink.gif

    Edited by pmooney
  2. Oh! and yes we are getting there :(

     

     

    :P:)

  3. And out the door went housing serial # 008 for Mister Mark Grey! Plenty more to come :)

     

    post-1676-1299272582.jpg

  4. Wow!

     

    And out the door went housing serial # 008 for Mister Mark Grey! Plenty more to come :)

     

    post-1676-1299272582.jpg

  5. And out the door went housing serial # 008 for Mister Mark Grey! Plenty more to come :)

     

    post-1676-1299272582.jpg

     

    Hey, just want to ensure you got the right address on that --- PM me and I'll give it to you...

     

     

    Mark

     

    (okay, it's John...)

  6. Bloody awesome.

     

    When was it sent??

     

    Ikelite and hybid bulkhead??

     

    I can't wait. I have been without a housing for a few weeks as I sold my Aquatica AD90 to a mate. This has been killing me as we have been getting alot of Manta Ray and leopard Shark action here as well as heaps of Nudibranchs.

     

    The housing will be getting alot of action once it arrives.

     

    Thanks again Jean and the staff at Aquatica.

     

    Regards Mark

  7. Very cool! Let us know when it is safely in your hands Mark!

     

    Alex

  8. Mark, you need one or two of those post-1676-1299336771.jpg :lol:

     

    Kidding aside, it was sent minutes after the picture of the box was taken was taken. Blake one of the owner actually drove the boxes to the FEDEX office to make sure it did not stand still for the week end.

     

    The housing is as you ordered from Scubapix, Ikelite on one side and optic on the other ;)

     

    Thanks Mark for being a great fan of the product, it makes our work pleasant knowing its appreciated, now if I could only manage a way to wriggle my way to Byron bay to grab a few nudie's with you, that be splendid :D

     

    Hey, just want to ensure you got the right address on that --- PM me and I'll give it to you...

     

     

    Mark

     

    (okay, it's John...)

     

     

    John, there is plenty more coming from where that came from :D;)

    Edited by Viz'art
  9. Cool!

     

    Todd

  10. Hey Mark ,

    You baby is just passing through Hawaii now :lol::D

    Edited by pmooney
  11. Hey Mark ,

    You baby is just passing through Hawaii now :lol::D

     

     

    And that's the reason Blake was adamant that it shipped out Friday, good show!, next week is my turn to ship out to Hawaii! :D

  12. Hey Mark ,

    You baby is just passing through Hawaii now :lol::D

     

    Thanks Peter for the update......its going to be a little like xmas next week.

     

    Regards Mark

  13. Mark, you need one or two of those post-1676-1299336771.jpg :lol:

     

    Kidding aside, it was sent minutes after the picture of the box was taken was taken. Blake one of the owner actually drove the boxes to the FEDEX office to make sure it did not stand still for the week end.

     

    The housing is as you ordered from Scubapix, Ikelite on one side and optic on the other :D

     

    Thanks Mark for being a great fan of the product, it makes our work pleasant knowing its appreciated, now if I could only manage a way to wriggle my way to Byron bay to grab a few nudie's with you, that be splendid :D

     

    Hi Jean,

     

    Thanks again for providing a personal service which you dont often see these days. I am sure you can find an excuse to get down this neck of the wood and I be happy to show you around.

     

    Regards Mark

  14. Just got a call from Peter Mooney (Scubapixs, Cairns) who is the Australian Distributor of Aquatica that my Aquatica AD7000 serial number 8 has landed in Cairns, Australia and is on its way by Air express to me.

     

    Hopefully tomorrow in will be in my hands.

     

    Thanks goes to Jean, Jean and Aquatica staff to ship this housing super quick from the other side of the world.

     

    Regards Mark

  15. Just got a call from Peter Mooney (Scubapixs, Cairns) who is the Australian Distributor of Aquatica that my Aquatica AD7000 serial number 8 has landed in Cairns, Australia and is on its way by Air express to me.

     

    Hopefully tomorrow in will be in my hands.

     

    Thanks goes to Jean, Jean and Aquatica staff to ship this housing super quick from the other side of the world.

     

    Regards Mark

     

     

    Don't make me blush :lol: , I'm too old for that crap :D let me know your impression when you have a chance, agent 008

  16. This long awaited package arrive today. I quickly unpacked it and read the manual and had a little play with it. I then put it all together for a couple of dives tomorrow here at Byron Bay. Even more excited now as I was told two large Manta's and lots of Leopards are around and the vis is improving.

     

    Here are few photos of Aquatica AD7000 serial 008. She now called Deedee (Thai for good good) as all my housings get a ladies name.

     

    5513976627_632767e10f.jpg

     

    5514572458_fdef6b2d18.jpg

     

    5513977265_31407874ea.jpg

     

    5513977419_65bb01eab3.jpg

    The Ikelite and Hybrid bulkheads together. Room to move if need be.

     

    First impression of the housing is that has alot more engineering than my Aquatica AD90. The way the camera slides in and locks, the way the zoom gear attaches to the housing gears. The new port locking system. The two types of bulkheads which now allows for optical firing. Button lay out more suited to divers than a simple button lineup with the camera.

     

    I would like to thank Jean and the staff at Aquatica for the personalised service I have received in getting this housing. I would also like to thank Peter Mooney from Scubapixs Cairns (Australian Distributor for Aquatica) for bending over backwards getting the housing to me.

     

    Hopefully I can post some pics from tomorrows dive so I can show you what it can do.

     

    Regards Mark

  17. We expect great shots form you and Deedee. I am channeling your exuberance through my keyboard. Congrats!

    Bob

  18. This long awaited package arrive today. I quickly unpacked it and read the manual and had a little play with it. I then put it all together for a couple of dives tomorrow here at Byron Bay. Even more excited now as I was told two large Manta's and lots of Leopards are around and the vis is improving.

     

    Great looking setup Mark -- can't wait to see tomorrow's photos!

     

    John

  19. First dive with a cameraless housing just to make sure. But you know whats going to happen. I will have a nice new housing in my hands and eveyrthing will be posing for me but no camera.

     

    Cheers Mark

  20. I am just a few hours from heading to Kona with Keri on the Aggressor boat (along with Stan Waterman), we will put the AD7000 and AN-5 housings through their pace for a week as well :lol: so that means no web connections for 10 days (just in case some of you think I am ignoring you), I will catch up with you guy's ASAP.

     

    One think for sure, given the weather outside my window... you can bet I will be apreciative of the weather over there.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.