Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica 45° Viewfinder??

Started by acuevas ·

  • 57Posts
  • 57Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica 45° Viewfinder??

57 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Does anybody know if Aquatica is thinking about producing a 45° Viewfinder?

     

    I think that for some types of diving the 45° viewfinder is very useful, like cave diving and wreck diving where you must be in an horizontal position almost all the time.

    I really would like to know if Aquatica has made a decision or not about it.

  2. I hope they do. I would order one immediately.

    I used 45 degree prism finders professionally on Hasselblads and Bronica's for years and found them superior in many ways to horizontal finders. I use a Aquatica AD90 housing (which I love). In my UW photography, there are many times when I wish I could buy an Aqua view 45 degree finder.

     

    Here's hoping,

     

    Andy.

  3. Guy's you read my mind, I was discussing this project with engineering and sort of poking them on when we can expect this get moving, the answer I got is, early in the new year as soon as the assembly line are rolling with the new housing and products released recently,

     

    We have some additional engineering staff starting to work with us starting January, some thing about the existing staff not having enough sleeping time or being overworked or what not, by golly, we give them a full 3 hours off per day, installed army bunks, a cupboard full of canned goods and a Johny on the spot in the office, hell! we even found lovers to keep their girlfriend happy, what more they want from us!!! :D

    Edited by Viz'art
  4. Guy's you read my mind, I was discussing this project with engineering and sort of poking them on when we can expect this get moving, the answer I got is, early in the new year as soon as the assembly line are rolling with the new housing and products released recently,

     

    Good to know that we are synchronized. :P

     

    We have some additional engineering staff starting to work with us starting January, some thing about the existing staff not having enough sleeping time or being overworked or what not, by golly, we give them a full 3 hours off per day, installed army bunks, a cupboard full of canned goods and a Johny on the spot in the office, hell! we even found lovers to keep their girlfriend happy, what more they want from us!!! :P

     

    Come on people, back to work!!! :D

  5. Guy's you read my mind, I was discussing this project with engineering and sort of poking them on when we can expect this get moving, the answer I got is, early in the new year as soon as the assembly line are rolling with the new housing and products released recently,

     

    We have some additional engineering staff starting to work with us starting January, some thing about the existing staff not having enough sleeping time or being overworked or what not, by golly, we give them a full 3 hours off per day, installed army bunks, a cupboard full of canned goods and a Johny on the spot in the office, hell! we even found lovers to keep their girlfriend happy, what more they want from us!!! :D

     

    Try Poutine. LOL

  6. Try Poutine. LOL

     

    Now you lost the readers, doubtfull that but a handfull of member would know what poutine is, suffice to say that the Exxon Valdez was never as greasy as this french delicacy is. just looking at the menu will block an artery :D

  7. Jean, I'll have one thanks. It's been promised for years.. since at least 2006!

  8. Guy's you read my mind, I was discussing this project with engineering and sort of poking them on when we can expect this get moving, the answer I got is, early in the new year as soon as the assembly line are rolling with the new housing and products released recently,

     

    We have some additional engineering staff starting to work with us starting January, some thing about the existing staff not having enough sleeping time or being overworked or what not, by golly, we give them a full 3 hours off per day, installed army bunks, a cupboard full of canned goods and a Johny on the spot in the office, hell! we even found lovers to keep their girlfriend happy, what more they want from us!!! :D

     

    I want one too, PLEASE!

     

    Thanks,

    Kathryn

  9. Jean, I'll have one thanks. It's been promised for years.. since at least 2006!

    The finder or the poutine? :D

  10. I've used the Inon 45° viewfinder with an adapter from Backscatter on the Aquatica A5D2 for the 5D2 review. I liked it so much I bought the viewfinder and a couple of the adapters from them.

     

    Poutine, on the other hand, I didn't like at all.

  11. I'll second Drew's comments - I did the same as him and bought the Inon 45 degree VF and adapter from the same source. Have used it a few months now on my Aquuatica and it really works a treat.

  12. BUMP.

     

    How's this project going Jean? :)

  13. Maybe Jean's now spending less time on wetpixel as he's been moved to help out on the production line as well?

  14. Maybe Jean's now spending less time on wetpixel as he's been moved to help out on the production line as well?

     

    Well, yeah, it's kinda busy these days around here (BTW in case AussieByron / Mark is listening, we are way, way past serial number #008 on the AD7000 :D )

     

    I swung by the engineering office this morning and noticed a big pile of glass elements and prism on their desk, and knowing Aquatica does not have any plans of going into the binoculars business ;);) , I would say it's safe to tell you that this is definitely an active project. :D

    Edited by Viz'art
  15. Well, yeah, it's kinda busy these days around here (BTW in case AussieByron / Mark is listening, we are way, way past serial number #008 on the AD7000 ;) )

     

    I swung by the engineering office this morning and noticed a big pile of glass elements and prism on their desk, and knowing Aquatica does not have any plans of going into the binoculars business ;);) , I would say it's safe to tell you that this is definitely an active project. :D

     

     

    Only problem is that the Government screwed their work schedule with an election today. So, available date is D+1.... :D

     

    Michel

     

    PS: I also suspect Jean was in the UK last week... there was a wedding he had to attend I think ...

  16. I'd certainly like to get my hands on one of these 45 degree viewfinders. I've been thinking one of these would be very nice for a while now, though haven't actually used one :D

     

    Jean, I'll happily help with user testing if you want?

  17. What I think would be very nice is if the upcoming Aquatica 45 degree finder had a diopter adjustment feature that you could adjust underwater. Adjusting the diopter on land, in air doesn't really make good sense if you are going to use the finder underwater. Underwater adjustment, which the Nauticam 180 degree finder has allows you to adjust the view based on just how your eyes are seeing things that day, that dive. And allows you to share your camera with another person. And although certain Wetpixel members prefer not to allow anyone else to touch their gear, others of us are more sharing.

     

    An underwater diopter adjustment would also be something that would make the viewfinder much more user friendly for gear rental companies and for those teaching underwater photo courses. I bought Nauticam 180 degree viewfinders and adapted them to my Seacam housings primarily because they had this adjustment possibility. And I will switch to Aquatica 45 degree finders, or another brand, if they have such an adjustment and can be adapted, too.

     

    Fred

  18. Well, yeah, it's kinda busy these days around here (BTW in case AussieByron / Mark is listening, we are way, way past serial number #008 on the AD7000 :D )

     

    I swung by the engineering office this morning and noticed a big pile of glass elements and prism on their desk, and knowing Aquatica does not have any plans of going into the binoculars business :);) , I would say it's safe to tell you that this is definitely an active project. ;)

     

    Do you have news about the 45° viewfinder Jean?

  19. What I think would be very nice is if the upcoming Aquatica 45 degree finder had a diopter adjustment feature that you could adjust underwater. Adjusting the diopter on land, in air doesn't really make good sense if you are going to use the finder underwater. Underwater adjustment, which the Nauticam 180 degree finder has allows you to adjust the view based on just how your eyes are seeing things that day, that dive. And allows you to share your camera with another person. And although certain Wetpixel members prefer not to allow anyone else to touch their gear, others of us are more sharing.

     

    An underwater diopter adjustment would also be something that would make the viewfinder much more user friendly for gear rental companies and for those teaching underwater photo courses. I bought Nauticam 180 degree viewfinders and adapted them to my Seacam housings primarily because they had this adjustment possibility. And I will switch to Aquatica 45 degree finders, or another brand, if they have such an adjustment and can be adapted, too.

     

    Fred

     

    See this message thread: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42097

  20. Do you have news about the 45° viewfinder Jean?

     

    Si aye, we are working on it still, progress is definitely made and it looks good, it shouldn't be long before I have something to show you guy's. I, for one, am looking forward to add one to my macro setup ;).

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.