Most housing floods are due to "pilot error"
All floods are due to user error. If you didn't use it, you wouldn't have had an error.
It is the design that determines how easy it is to create a user error. "It was my fault because I failed to disassemble every control, clean, re-lube and reassemble while standing on one leg with my fingers of my left hand crossed behind my back and simultaneously closing all four latches of the housing."
Example 1: A case study in gradual school was the Firestone 721 steel belted radial tire. (Long before you dreamed of driving a car James) There were many reported failures, some causing deaths. Firestone said there was no design problem. Eventually the problem was discovered. The failures occurred when the tires were severely under inflated, as in under 27psi. A survey discovered that few people ever check their tire pressure. Design error or user error? The tires said inflate to 32psi.
Example 2: The Aquatica A90 had a really long ribbon cable to the hot shoe connector. This was quite handy if you wanted to shoot your Ike strobes on land. If I hadn't read about someone else flooding their housing by pinching their cable in the main o-ring, I would have done it myself on a couple of occassions. Thanks to someone else's error, I was saved from my own error.
If someone goes 0 for xx years, then goes 2 for 4 weeks, you've got to wonder. There was no adequate explanation in the review. As a matter of fact, the first flood was explained,
I figured that the leak was caused by my carelessly pinching an o-ring on the front port. So, from that point on I began to check the housing in the rinse tank prior to each dive, as well as immediately upon entering the water. It was during my second week on the Aggressor that it happened again.
So, despite feeling the necessity to check the housing in the rinse tank prior to each dive (something that I never do), it still flooded again. No explanation on how the second flood occurred. Instead we get
The lenses feature a bayonet mounting system which locks the ports and extension rings VERY securely. You definitely know when your ports locked in place preventing any possibility of leakage.
and
I am of the opinion that Light & Motion makes the most user- friendly latches available.
I would have liked to have seen sample shots from all the lenses that he said he used, especially various wide angle lenses with various extensions.
I would also like to see reviewers disclose their relationship with the gear manufacturer that they are reviewing. We know some reviewers are dealers. The casual reader might not know. Reviews by Stephen Frink for Seacam and Mauricio Handler for Aquatica, etc. should be accompanied by disclosure as dealer/distributers. Some professionals also have "relationships" that should also be disclosed.
In Rod's E20 Titan review, "If you want to get the best available digital camera and housing combination, in my opinion, the Light & Motion Titan is the way to go."
In this D100 Titan review, "With the Titan E20, I had always felt that the placement of the electronics was vulnerable to moisture or some other type of damage."
"the Titan E20 had some reliability problems found in many newly introduced products"
This is the first mention of E20 problems over a year after the initial review.
I've seen the Titan up close. I like it and hope it works perfectly. If I was certain it was reliable, I'd buy one myself and use it, despite being an Aquatica dealer. I'd hate to take it on a $6000 dive trip to Indonesia and have it fail. Nor do I want to carry a backup housing and camera. One down side is that if you mingle top side shooting with u/w shooting, constantly dismounting the ROC controller from your camera is a pain in the arse.