In that respect I think companies like Dell are way ahead of Apple. I've got 2 Dell XPS 7xx machines at home, and their service is outstanding. Dell even sent a guy to my house when there was a recall and replaced a part at my house, without me having to ask for it. Take that apple. You wont even take my complaints.
I've had Macs since 1986, and except for standard hard drive and RAM failure issues every few years, a couple of Mac Book screen issues,two trashed cases from dropping laptops, and an overheating NVIDIA graphics card issue on my MacPro, I've not experienced any other hardware issues. Between home and office,still run a G5 tower, 4 MacBook Pros, 3 MacPro Servers, a half dozen emacs, 6 iMacs of the last 2-3 generations, a Mac Mini, 3 iPads, 4 iphone 4's. ( I think AT&T is more of a problem than the antenna with iPhones) I've passed down probably a dozen or more still working but long in the tooth macs over the years to schools etc
I do agree that Dell are great with service; which is a bonus. I have had problems working with Dell only when the OS software was not an original Dell Windows installation so they could not help with the software hardware incompatibility issues, but they've always been great with hardware repairs.
But my issue with PC's has never been the hardware - it's with Windows which I am simply too stupid to understand and configure properly.