Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Convince me to go Mac

Started by BC-SeaDragon ·

  • 66Posts
  • 66Replies

Read-only discussion

Convince me to go Mac

66 posts
  1. Oh yeah, and of course I purchased my version of Snow Leopard at the Apple Store for my Hackintosh because I don't like stealing software.

    JP

    This is a strange statement because you are probably using the software against its licensing agreement. I am not against hackintosh -- just think the statement is funny (but I totally understand!) :)
  2. This is a strange statement because you are probably using the software against its licensing agreement. I am not against hackintosh -- just think the statement is funny (but I totally understand!) :)

     

    Yeah, it's a fine line -- if you build a Hackintosh you are violating Apple's EULA. I don't feel I'm stealing anything from them if I purchase the OS... May just be my personal justification :) So far, Apple has tolerated the Hackintosh community as long as a person doesn't try to sell and profit from them.

     

    I feel if Apple ever comes out and makes a public statement against the Hackintosh community I would "cease and desist". But Apple is certainly not shy about going after people or companies they feel violate their policies, so I think they will continue to "tolerate" this EULA violation. They've probably realized that guys like me also buy 4 or 5 of their computers and other devices, sometimes after we've done Hackintosh and gotten hooked!

     

    :fishred:

  3. EULA is a state of mind! :)

  4. The problem with iMacs as opposed to the desktop tower Macs is that they are not expandable. You cannot install other internal drives or graphics cards. Eric, which graphic card are you now using in your 12 core?

    Steve

  5. I'm using the ATI Radeon 5870 HD.

  6. Well after using some of Nick's suggestions and combing through my Asus with a little more detail it seems to be running great! So long of the short I will be staying with my PC and spending that money on flights and more diving! :D

     

    I am still trying to narrow down the random freeze ups while watching clips with windows media, VLC etc. Still makes me question the competence of the Asus technicians after being in there hands 3 times and still no success!

     

    Anyways I appreciate all of the advice and I hope i didn't stir the pot to much starting a PC vs. Mac war hahaha :P

     

    Cheers

     

    Kelly

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.