Skip to content

Lights, Strobes, and Lighting Technique / Archived topic

Remote slave trigger batch!

Started by owfotograaf ·

  • 82Posts
  • 82Replies

Read-only discussion

Remote slave trigger batch!

82 posts
  1. Speaking of ways to keep the Tfish in place

     

    Here's what I was using this weekend. A Clamps. The first dive, I was using bolt snaps and double enders. It came together with the A Clamps. I was able to clamp onto kelp, drape it over the corners of the wreck and keep the Tfish in range.

     

    Worked great!

     

    -Ken

     

     

    green-A-clamp.jpg

     

     

     

    orange-A-clamp.jpg

  2. Hi,

    Finally all the parts have arrived and they are just assembled (not dry yet :) ) and ready to ship.

    Kind regards | Hedwig.

     

    info see also other topic: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39737

     

    trig2.jpg

    Edited by owfotograaf
  3. are they all accounted for or are there some spare?

  4. are they all accounted for or are there some spare?

    They certainly have not all been booked,

    There are enough left for sale :),

    grtz, Hedwig.

  5. Great pieces of kit!

  6. BAD NEWS, :) :) :)

    BECAUSE A PROBLEM WITH THE LAST ALU PART AL THE TRIGGERS ARE FOR TRASH!!!! THE "screw-thread" is wrong!

    I AM NOT SO HAPPY WITH THAT AND WILL CONTACT MY SUPPLIER TOMORROW.

     

    trig2bad.jpg

    Photo after new threading but anodisation is gone so not for selling.

     

    MORE NEWS SOON :)

     

    KIND REGARDS,

    HEDWIG

     

    PS: all the orders that have been done, have been repaid with paypal.

    Edited by owfotograaf
  7. Third and hoop fully a good batch off triggers,

     

    The triggers where ready but at the last moment i noticed that the ALU part was not OK. (screw-thread was not good!)

     

    So, the supplier of the parts promised me today that he will make the part again before the end of April 2011 :)

    I hope you can wait all another 2 weeks for the triggerfish.

     

    Hedwig.

  8. So, the supplier of the parts promised me today that he will make the part again before the end of April 2011 :D

    I hope you can wait all another 2 weeks for the triggerfish.

    Hedwig.

    The triggers will be ready in the middle of next week, i hope :D

    Edited by owfotograaf
  9. Finally the ALU part has arrived and is good now! :D

    Triggers are ready to ship.

    Kind regards | Hedwig.

    triggerfish@telenet.be

     

    Links edited and topics merged: Admin.

    Edited by adamhanlon
  10. Mine arrived yesterday. Many thanks Hedwig, I love it!

    Edited by Panda
  11. An example of using the trigger in Scotland Eyemouth.

     

    xs.jpg

  12. Thats a great shot. Do you have one where the diver is a little higher against the green?

  13. Thats a great shot. Do you have one where the diver is a little higher against the green?

     

    Thanks Alex

    yes i have shots with the model i a different position, closer - upright position and with too bright divelight :B):

    but i have to use them for report in a Dutch magazine.

    Spent 60' at the cathedral, water was 8°C :) and model was frozen :)

  14. My triggerfish arrived safely a while back and I took one for the first dive yesterday. The main problem I had with the HW slave sensors is that they would not fire the strobe in ambient light (or even in a cave with too many bright torches around). I was very happy to confirm that this wasn't a problem for the triggerfish. Even with green vis, there was lots of sunlight under this shallow pier, and the inon fired reliably throughout the test dive.

     

    You can see the remote strobe backlighting the rock under the diver in the shot below. Thanks Hedwig! I'm looking forward to using the triggerfish on some wrecks, hopefully in nicer vis.

    post-26465-1307936880.jpg

  15. Did some testing in my pond... to be sure they are waterproof ;)

     

    Used the Sea&Sea YS-250 and YS-110a strobes. External flash (pointing to heaven...) on camera and turned off TTL in camera...

    Next test will be in open water :)

     

    pond1.jpg

     

     

    pond2.jpg

  16. Did some testing in my pond... to be sure they are waterproof ;)

     

    Used the Sea&Sea YS-250 and YS-110a strobes. External flash (pointing to heaven...) on camera and turned off TTL in camera...

    Next test will be in open water :)

     

    Serge is little bit addicted to diving :)

    Hope we can try them next Sunday at wrecks at the Nortsea, when the weather conditions hopefully are good.

  17. I'm about to attach the triggerfish + strobe on a Gorilla-pod using ULCS gear, as I think others in this post have done as well.

    My question is,what kind of ball adapter do you mount on the gorilla pod? ULCS AD-1420 female ball adapter, is that the one?

  18. I'm about to attach the triggerfish + strobe on a Gorilla-pod using ULCS gear, as I think others in this post have done as well.

    My question is,what kind of ball adapter do you mount on the gorilla pod? ULCS AD-1420 female ball adapter, is that the one?

     

    Yes, i think so, is has to be one with 1/4" male thread inside.

  19. An example of using the trigger in Scotland Eyemouth.

     

    xs.jpg

     

    Triggerset used with the picture:

     

    post-11074-1310806448.jpg

  20. Additional info for the triggers.

    They not seem to work with the YS-90DX and YS30. I don't have them, but i think it is for sure a power problem.

    With the YS250 they don't work on all strobes????? But the strobe itself is also not reliable, especially the last batch.

    So be sure that you can draw the power out off the ready signal. (RDY)

     

    post-11074-1312723320.jpg

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.