Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Wetpixel D7000 housing review

Started by adamhanlon ·

  • 35Posts
  • 35Replies

Read-only discussion

Wetpixel D7000 housing review

35 posts
  1. Is that with the Sea&Sea TTL Converter or does Aquatica have their own one?

     

    We do not have or make a TTL converter, but the current housings for Nikon, when equipped with Nikonos Type wired bulkhead are all compatible with the Sea & Sea, Ikelite and internal Heinrich Weikamp TTL Converter. their is an internal switchboard that lets you go from full manual to full TTL converter compatible. One has to make sure first, that the projected strobes are compatible with the TTL converter first. The housing circuitry is just a pipeline relaying the message from the TTL converter to the camera.

  2. We do not have or make a TTL converter, but the current housings for Nikon, when equipped with Nikonos Type wired bulkhead are all compatible with the Sea & Sea, Ikelite and internal Heinrich Weikamp TTL Converter. their is an internal switchboard that lets you go from full manual to full TTL converter compatible. One has to make sure first, that the projected strobes are compatible with the TTL converter first. The housing circuitry is just a pipeline relaying the message from the TTL converter to the camera.

     

    Yeah that is the problem that the Sea & Sea TTL Converter is currently not compatible with the D7000 unfortunately.

  3. Yeah that is the problem that the Sea & Sea TTL Converter is currently not compatible with the D7000 unfortunately.

     

    I am confident that they will have an updated version eventually, when that happens, then the housing will be ready to accept it

  4. Hi folks,

     

    I can now report that the Subal D7000 housing has arrived and is being tested!

     

    I expect to have the report in the next couple of weeks.

     

    Adam

  5. Thanks for all your hard work, great info! I'm a newbie here; does anyone know where any of the reviewed housing are available for rent in the US?

  6. Thanks for the D7000 housing information.

    I am looking for a housing for my D7000 and this post helps!

     

    I searched D7000 housing on Google and found Anthis announced Nexus D7000 housing.

    Does any one tested this housing?

     

    Nexus D7000

    http://www.anthisnexus.com/index.php?route...;product_id=401

  7. Will the seacam housing also be tested ?

  8. Hi all,

     

    Seacam have chosen not to send a housing. I did ask them to and it is a pity that they were unwilling to participate.

     

    I am writing the review of the Subal housing now. I hope to see Nexus at DEMA-so watch this space!

     

    All the best

     

    Adam

  9. I would like to seee a review of the hugyfot housing.

     

    Will this be done ?

     

    Kind regards

  10. Hugyfot have been approached for a review housing, but have not supplied one..

     

    I am finishing the Subal review this week, and will then draw this series of reviews to a conclusion with some overall thoughts about the housings we have tested. The D7000 was announced over a year ago now, with models becoming available shortly thereafter and it seems likely that Nikon will be announcing new cameras soon too. Time to move on. ^_^

     

    Adam

    Edited by adamhanlon
  11. Hugyfot have been approached repeatedly for a review housing for the past year, directly, and via their UK importer.

     

    Despite assurances that they would supply one, they have yet to.

     

     

    Adam

     

    Adam, They sent me one. It was so good, I bought it!

  12. Hi folks,

     

    The review of the Subal ND7000 is now published!

     

    I have posted it here:

     

    http://wetpixel.com/i.php/full/wetpixel-d7...sing-review/P5/

     

    I will summarise the findings of the review series after DEMA, and draw my conclusions.

     

    I hope you find the reviews interesting and useful.

     

    Adam

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.