Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Equipment Insurance

Started by yyerardos ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Equipment Insurance

7 posts
  1. Hello All!

    I am desperately searching for a decent insurance policy to cover my equipment during my upcoming trip to the honduras.

    A couple of spesialized photographic insurance companies refused to cover me for any underwater use. Even for theft!!

    Does anybody have a solution.

    Thankz

    Yorgos

  2. Hey,

     

    DAN and DEP have insurance for underwater equipment camera and strobe included and they cover theft also.

     

    I heard DAN is really good and the claims are getting through very fast.

     

    Oh, by the way, where are you located?

     

    Vlad

  3. My wife/dive buddy and I have had DEP, but for the last couple of years, we've had DAN insurance. It seemed like the thing to do, since we're already DAN members.

     

    My wife/dive buddy is a recently retired insurance agent, and she examined both DAN and DEP policies, even the fine print, and she liked the DAN policy better. That's enough for me.

     

    Jim :lol:

  4. Hey and thank you both!

    The DEP and DAN words seem both very unfamiliar.

    Mayby its because I live in the United Kingdom. Are these organisations American?

    Thanks again

    Yorgos

  5. DEPP (with two Ps): http://www.equipmentprotection.com/programs/depp.html

    DAN Equipment insurance: https://www.h2oinsurance.com/ (what I use)

     

    This topic has been revisited many times here (use search!). Some threads to start out with:

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2811&hl=

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2653&hl=

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2415&hl=

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2007&hl=

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1581&hl=

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1343&hl=

     

    I cogitate over whether to merge these threads into one giant thread. But for now, I will just lock this thread. Please add to one of the existing ones, if you want to discuss insurance. :lol:

     

    Actually, use this thread: It's the "official" one now:

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4305

  6. NANPA (North American Nature Photography Association) offers equipment insurance which, I believe, would cover dive photo gear. I'd look at that, and DAN, whom I understand have an excellent policy.

     

    http://www.nanpa.org/insurance.html[/url]

     

    DSN is the DIVERS ALERT NETWORK and have more to do with diving health and safety.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.