Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D800 rumors

Started by Rocha ·

  • 68Posts
  • 68Replies

Read-only discussion

D800 rumors

68 posts
  1. Seems like the announcement will be next week. There will be two versions, a "normal" D800 and the D800E, with identical sensor but AA filter removed. Most likely price will be around 3k USD.

  2. Seems like the announcement will be next week. There will be two versions, a "normal" D800 and the D800E, with identical sensor but AA filter removed. Most likely price will be around 3k USD.

     

    There are quite a few strong opinions about the AA filter versions. I'm wondering which one will be more appropriate for U/W photography. Right now I'm leaning toward the D800E (without AA filter), but I have to admit that it's a complex topic with lots of different viewpoints. Any thoughts on this, guys?

  3. . Any thoughts on this, guys?

     

    I think AA filters are needed for photos of man-made objects. For natural objects, such as underwater photos, I doubt an AA filter is needed.

     

    I think I would buy a camera with an AA filter.

  4. Rumors also say that the camera without the AA filter (the E version) will be about $500 more expensive. Really odd because one of the most expensive pieces of a DSLR is exactly the AA filter.

  5. That's like Porsche charging more for stripped down models of the 911 because they go faster with less weight.

  6. For all my Nikon friend's wish lists;

     

    D800 Press Release

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

    Edited by Steve Williams
  7.  

    Nice, rumors confirmed. The site is super slow though, must be a lot of people trying to see it.

     

    EDIT: I will lock this thread and start one about the actual camera.

    Edited by Rocha
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.