Hi there!
New to WP....
I'm a South African in Australia and have a photography addiction which has made my diving interesting to say the least!
My first u/w set-up is a Canon S90 with housing and I've had it about a year now. Learning heaps every single day.
I also recently got a prescription mask which was amazing! The quality of my shots improved within the first dive!
Whilst I know I am a long way off buying an SLR, I can see the advantages of those lenses
but I do believe getting the technique right is probably more important than the gear you use.
Have only recently started shooting in RAW as well as JPG, and now my next learning curve is the software side of things.
Two frustrations I have with the S90; slow shutter speed when you don't need it, limitations with macro settings and the fact the controls on the housing are so different to the actual camera - wish the little books were waterproof so I could check up on things underwater!
Looking forward to learning from the experts here...
Cheers!