Greetings
Not new to film, digital underwater photography...however, been awhile (YEARS!) since I've done some. Looking to get back into it.
Decade plus ago, housed my Nikon film SLR in a Ikelite housing. Worked fine. Then, like most others, splurged on Nikon D50...leaped into digital world. Having spent my budget on the camera, got creative on the housing. Adapted the Ikelite housing for the film camera to house the new digital camera. A bit clunky, couldn't utilize all the features and buttons, did have some fun and success.
After an unfortunate break of years from diving and hence underwater photography, looking forward to getting back on the proverbial sea horse! To my chagrin, was looking forward to getting an updated Ikelite housing only to learn, can't get one! I have ports, tray, strobe, etc., and I can't buy what Ikelite doesn't sell, make any more.
So here I am. Would really like to find a housing if someone has one and wants to part with it. Also would like to learn what's new, latest and greatest in this addictive activity politely called narcotic image freezing in less than friendly wet environment that our tools hate.
Look forward to learning more, seeing more, and saving what I see to share.
Fairwinds
HOA!