Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony NEX with 8mm fisheye

Started by Scubysnaps ·

  • 33Posts
  • 33Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony NEX with 8mm fisheye

33 posts
  1. Thanks for the input, now I have that news from Rokinon, theres not much holding me getting that one either, as there was originally rumours that an AF one may be coming out.

     

    How are you finding the differences with the NEX to the D7000?

  2. Bad news. I've just tried the Samyang 8mm lens on my NEX6 and it won't accept it. I get an error message saying its not connected correctly and invalid lens. Big Shane as it works great on shutter priority. Error message appears when I try to take a shot. I also tried to have it set to manual focus with the kit lens before I take it off but no change. If anyone has Amy suggestions to try please let me know before the end of the weekend as ill be sending it back Monday.

     

    Sorted it!!!!! RELEASE WITHOUT LNS in MENU SET UP!!woo hoo!

    Edited by Scubysnaps
  3. 28BCB234-E0B4-4B96-B91B-275FA0BC617F-1904-0000012A8B20ADB1.jpg

     

    52E9D535-59A4-49F7-9F66-1C9BE57F8823-1904-0000012A8EBC0B35.jpg

     

    43CF2418-BC6D-48AD-B7D0-1C1AEC52C57E-1904-0000012A9423A601.jpg

     

    6 feet away from corner f/22 I think 1/15 iso100

     

    30E9DAB6-F145-4F14-AED9-7815D344D219-1904-0000012A89F1563C.jpg

     

    1 foot away from ornament f/4 1/125 ISO 100

     

    4B30F9AF-62C9-47AE-A3FB-0A95DDB29887-1904-0000012AA83A9D79.jpg

     

    I find the focus peaking very helpful as a guide to move further in or out or not.

     

    No purple haze either.

    Lens comes with 3 year samyang UK warranty.

  4. I'll do some comparison shots with the Nikon D90 and Tokina 10-17 tomorrow

  5. I'll do some comparison shots with the Nikon D90 and Tokina 10-17 tomorrow

     

    I'm looking forward to it.

  6. I'm looking forward to it.

    thats 2 of us then!

  7. Very interesting Paul, now we want to see it underwater!

     

    I'm looking forward to see how workable the combination is in a housing using the hyperfocal method.

     

    I'd like the combination, but if it requires too much stop down, it's an issue for me in my usual very low light situations.

     

    Cheers

    /O

  8. Thanks Oskar, I have a trip booked for the 23rd December, all I need is a housing! Lets hope something will evolve by then, if not I'm gonna take a quick trip to the Red Sea I think, as soon as I can get one.

    I'll try some more with a smaller aperture and infinity focus when I can, maybe tonight

  9. Has anyone tried those waterproof bags for taking ones camera in shallow waters? I could maybe try something like that in the shallows if I dont get any luck by Dec 23rd?

     

    ...woo-hoo!! waterproof to 30m! :)

    http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/ewa-d-b

    Edited by Scubysnaps
  10. Because it's a dome port, it creates a virtual image (the dome port becomes a lens underwater). While it depends somewhat on the lens and camera, you should expect the virtual image with this port to extend from about 10cm to 20cm in front of the sensor; 10cm is for objects touching the front of the dome, 20cm for objects at infinity. Theoretically, you could focus at 13cm and with a large enough f-number have everything from touching the dome to infinity in focus. Except that once you go beyond f/11 diffraction is almost certainly going to soften the images though f/16 may still be acceptable (though doubtful). It may be that focusing at about 15cm at f/11 is just an all around better solution. Some trial an error is likely in order, but if you set the focus at .15m and f/11 and stuff at infinity is soft, then you'll have to adjust the focus closer to .18m. If stuff at infinity is sharp then you can work your way towards .13m.

     

    The lens has a minimum focus of .1m, so there won't be a problem with focus inside Nauticam's 4.33" dome.

     

    But the Samyang 8mm has minimum focusing distance 0,3m so is there any chance to get focused on the virtual image??

    Do You know what is distance to virtual image in the 3,5 inch DomePort ???

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.