Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Leak Sentinel from Vivid Housings

Started by PeteAtkinson ·

  • 84Posts
  • 84Replies

Read-only discussion

Leak Sentinel from Vivid Housings

84 posts
  1. I've just had to do a battery change on mine after about 60 dives. My heart sank at the thought of taking it apart whilst on a dive trip and fitting a new battery. But no problem at all. Took about 5-10 minutes and easy.

     

    As troporobo says, worth every Euro in peace of mind.

  2. Agree Tim - piece of cake. Done mine quite a few times. 10mins max.

  3. I used one for 2 dive trips, worked well. Then typically when I decided to sell my system with the sentinel it wouldn't work. Turns out the PCB was knackered and obviously needed replaced. Maybe damage was caused from handling when doing the battery change, so not sure of its long term reliability from my experience.

    I did need to replace a hex screw and received some a few days after an email to Miso. So no complaints on service.

    Edited by Johnqdiver
  4. I agree.I do not want to have to change the battery while on a trip or worse, on a liveaboard. So I change the battery out before every major dive trip. I normally leave my LS on all night after servicing my housing, etc. for the next day. I get about 40 dives off a battery and buy them in bulk on the internet.

     

    "Knackered"-got to add that one to my list of good words. What we miss not speaking the Queen's English on this side of the pond.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.