Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

OM-D EM-5 Nauticam with 9-18 zuiko?

Started by oskar ·

  • 47Posts
  • 47Replies

Read-only discussion

OM-D EM-5 Nauticam with 9-18 zuiko?

47 posts
  1. Is this typical performance with this combination? I thought that i got quite decent corners already at 3.5, but need to check closer!

     

    Cheers

    /O

     

    Panasonic 8mm FE behind Nauticam 4.33" dome centre 100% crop at f/3.5:

     

     

    And the corners (100% crop, click image for full-size); note that the corner target was about equal distance from the camera as the centre (focus) target:

     

  2. The 8mm test is representative of my real world images underwater in the 4.33" dome. I was somewhat surprised by the test results, but when i went back and checked my real images, they were very similar.

  3. wow, nice job!. Just buy b+w 52mm +2

     

    many thanks

  4. Agree, this is where forums like this shines. Have you and more people tried the diopter in the wild yet and possibly have some moore feedback and examples?

  5. I've been shooting with the +2 diopter permanently attached since I did my test. I'm pretty sure I'm getting better technical quality on my pictures now, although I haven' done any systematic comparison. There's just too many variables to do a reliable comparison in the wild.

     

    --

    Sent from my Android phone

    Typos are a feature, not a bug

  6. I sure understand! If you have been photographing any subjects with subjects filling both the middle of the frame an some parts of the peripheri, that could reveal some difference, right?

     

    /O

     

     

    I've been shooting with the +2 diopter permanently attached since I did my test. I'm pretty sure I'm getting better technical quality on my pictures now, although I haven' done any systematic comparison. There's just too many variables to do a reliable comparison in the wild.

    --
    Sent from my Android phone
    Typos are a feature, not a bug

  7. If you have been photographing any subjects with subjects filling both the middle of the frame an some parts of the peripheri, that could reveal some difference, right?

    Yes, I've shot a few subjects covering the whole frame. And according to my unscientific opinion, I see a clear difference. However, since I haven't done any systematic comparison, I can't say for sure.

     

     

    --

    Sent from my Android phone

    Typos are a feature, not a bug

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.