Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

EM-10 Housing?

Started by smk82 ·

  • 53Posts
  • 53Replies

Read-only discussion

EM-10 Housing?

53 posts
  1. I'm at the point of considering an upgrade to my current camera rig to a M4/3

     

    Currently S95/Canon Housing with Twin Z240 stobes; WA lens/macro lens (both INON bayonet).

     

    Looking at the Olympus OMD EM-5 or EM-10 (if they do a housing!)

     

    Thought I'd be proactive and ask olympus direct if they plan do produce one. I didn't really expect an answer! But apparently straight from the horses mouth its

     

    "No we don't plan to make one at the present time". Now do I believe this or not?. Also queried Alex (Nauticam), about this, and he was of the opinion that they probably would do so.

     

    How long do third party manufacturers typically take to produce a housing for a camera? 3-4 months? Don't wish to plump for the EM-10 if they don't intend to make a housing for it!.

  2. Go with EM5 if you can. Weather sealed body (+ lens) can help in case of a flood…one more point in favor of EM5.

  3. Yes, the EM10 housing has just been added to the official Nauticam price list, so pre-orders are welcome. I’d suggest it will be a smaller housing than the EM5 but it will incorporate some of the new design features of the EM1 housing, include the PCB for the vacuum system and the port locking mechanism.

  4. Good Job Alex!

     

    Came across this website (One stop digital). Apparently based in Hong Kong. Mentioning as they have in their FAQ section an interesting comment (see below)

     

    (Taken straight from their website)

     

    8. Do I have to pay any import charges when I receive my package?
    The prices you pay Onestop-Digital do not include VAT and import duty. Your government may charge you import tax and duty. If you are asked to pay such charges, please pay these charges and we will reimburse you in full. Please refer to our terms and conditions for more details on our VAT Free Guarantee.
    At the moment, this VAT Free guarantee only applies to orders shipped to Australia, France, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
    If you have any queries on any custom issue, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to assist you in any way.
    9. What is "VAT Free" guarantee?
    We offer "VAT Free" guarantee on all of our products for FREE, meaning we guarantee that you will not have to pay any import charges (namely import duty, courier handling fees, VAT and GST), i.e., DUTY FREE. If you are asked to pay import charges when you receive your package, please pay for these charges as requested and send the VAT receipt to us. We will then reimburse such charges upon receiving the receipt.
    At the moment, this VAT Free guarantee only applies to orders shipped to Australia, France, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
    10. How do I reclaim the VAT?
    If you wish to reclaim VAT, please complete the "VAT Reclaim" form on our website. After submitting the VAT Reclaim form, please send the VAT receipt via email, fax or by post. Our postal address is Onestop Digital, Room 7, 8/F., Hai Phong Mansion, 99-101 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong. As soon as we receive the receipt, we will issue a VAT refund to you
    Now has anyone used these people and more importantly do they do what they claim (reimburse all import dut/VAT etc)..

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

  5. I’d be more concerned with warranty issues.

  6. I wasn't thinking of buying from there lol. More curiosity as I've never come across someone who said "we'll pay all your import duty taxes and VAT before!"

  7. Like the size of this housing -- really nice.

     

    Me too ! Only too bad the E-M1 is not weather and dust proof like

    the E-M5.

    Edited by FanchGadjo
  8. It has got my attention. Very seriously thinking of getting one for my wife.

    She uses a 7D?Nauticam & struggles sometimes with the size of it so definitely looking for a smaller package for her & this seems a good fit.

  9. Finally taken the plunge, and have ordered an EM-10 due for delivery tomorrow.. Excited as will have new shiny thing to play with. Have to wait till july before can order the housing though;(

  10. Yeah I bought an EM10 last weekend & picked up a 12-50mm lens plus the port to suit.

    Should be ordering the Housing this week hopefully :)

  11. be interested to hear how you get on with it

  12. First NA-EM10 housings have just arrived.

  13. The new shiny thing has arrived, and now whilst playing with it, I need to plan out eventual lens/port purchases whilst obviously minimizing expenditure! This won't happen really until I can get the housing in July, so I have bit of time. A brief look at the nauticam port chart and I've come up with a plan (over time of course!)

     

    Macro lens - Olympus 60 mm

    Std/general lens - use the 14-42mm I have on which came with the camera. I do like the idea of the 12-50mm lens, but I baulk at spending £400 on the Nauticam zoom gear. The 14-42 should offer enough for what I require.

    Wide - Can't decide between the Panasonic 8mm fisheye and the Olympus 9-18mm. The Panasonic 7-14mm looks an option as well. However I'm looking to use these lenses on land as well, thus I'm leaning more towards the 9-18mm as less specialised than the fisheye?

     

    However regards ports/gearing - with the 9-18mm and the 14-42 I could just use the 4" Dome, or would having separate flat ports be benficial? Also on the nauticam site it mentions when I look at the gearing specifically that the 14-42 gearing will fit the 9-18mm as well, but on the port chart it say its separate? Which is correct?

     

    Finally, the bundle I bought included Olympus's latest 14-42mm EZ lens which is a slim/pancake zoom. Will the current Nauticam gearing fit this lens (or will I have to reinvest in the earlier lens?)

    Edited by smk82
  14. The new powerzoom 14-42 is being evaluated and it is expected that a gear and port will be forthcoming.

  15. Regards ports/gearing - with the 9-18mm and the 14-42 I could just use the 4" Dome, or would having separate flat ports be benificial? Also on the nauticam site it mentions when I look at the gearing specifically that the 14-42 gearing will fit the 9-18mm as well, but on the port chart it say its separate? Which is correct?

    Edited by smk82
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.