Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam vacuum leak detector

Started by Sjohnso2 ·

  • 49Posts
  • 49Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam vacuum leak detector

49 posts
  1. The manual states:

    Attention: Although the vacuum indicator is designed to compensate for a certain amount of temperature variation, it is recommended to conduct the vacuum test in an environment where the temperature is stable.

     

    So I think I must of found the limit of the temperature circuity! :)

  2. The manual states:

     

     

    So I think I must of found the limit of the temperature circuity! :)

    Uhm not really I read you need to conduct the initial test that is watertight at constant temperature then it should store the value and start the compensation algorythm

     

    Need more information on the specs as it is not unusual to get 10C delta T for video

  3. Richard,

    You would get the same indication if you had a very small leak. I had mine go yellow after 4 hrs when I forgot to install the plug on the strobe connection and the connector was open to ambient. Took me a while to figure out what I had done. Not sure something like that is your issue but I wouldn't automatically assume it's the temperature compensation issue.

     

    Good luck,

    Steve

  4. @Klik

    Remove the O-ring that keep the original "plastic LED holder/lense" (whatever it should be called).

    You do not need to remove more than that. You have a new one in your package.

    Use the new one it is easier.

     

    I believe that they have used a small drop of glue originally to hold the LED in place. I think that I was cutting the old wires , due to that.

     

    /Erik

  5. @Klik

    Remove the O-ring that keep the original "plastic LED holder/lense" (whatever it should be called).

    You do not need to remove more than that. You have a new one in your package.

    Use the new one it is easier.

     

    I believe that they have used a small drop of glue originally to hold the LED in place. I think that I was cutting the old wires , due to that.

     

    /Erik

     

    Thank you.

  6. Well...I finally got my house retrofitted and took the whole rig to Bonaire for a week long test. What a sweet system! I was impressed with the job Reef photo did and it works so well. I don't know how i managed without a vacuum system before. The peace of mind is worth every penny i spent. Just to look at the light after changing the system from wide to macro before a dive and not to worry about the possibility of leaks was awesome. I spent a total of 29 hours under water without a thought about the housing. The led is easy to see in day light as well as under the water. I left the system powered on the whole week and the battery is still fine.

    Thanks for all the feed back. If there are any questions I can answer feel free to ask.

     

    Regards,

    Steve

  7. someone has Nauticam valve with BCD inflator??

     

    Works fine???

     

    thanks...

  8. All the thoughts are very impressive , it's all really useful for me to go through the whole discussion. I have learned many things from there and surely going to use those things while going my work as a commercial leak detection contractor.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.