Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

So I won a pretty substantial prize package for a photo contest

Started by ryandavz ·

  • 46Posts
  • 46Replies

Read-only discussion

So I won a pretty substantial prize package for a photo contest

46 posts
  1. Thanks Ryan. I spoke with Susan around Jan.3rd who assured me everything was kosher ( I called because I hadn't heard anything since sending my fax) I actually just left her another message. I'm only a few states away in Wisconsin, so the 2 weeks between you receiving yours and still waiting on mine... kind of concerning considering no tracking numbers were issued. Would be a huge bummer if it was lost or stolen in the mail especially considering the taxes are still associated with my SSN. Anyway, congrats, good luck selling (should I ever get mine I'll be in the same boat with underwater photo equipment smack dab in the Midwest lol) good luck, maybe I'll see you in iceland ;)

  2. Thanks Ryan. I spoke with Susan around Jan.3rd who assured me everything was kosher ( I called because I hadn't heard anything since sending my fax) I actually just left her another message. I'm only a few states away in Wisconsin, so the 2 weeks between you receiving yours and still waiting on mine... kind of concerning considering no tracking numbers were issued. Would be a huge bummer if it was lost or stolen in the mail especially considering the taxes are still associated with my SSN. Anyway, congrats, good luck selling (should I ever get mine I'll be in the same boat with underwater photo equipment smack dab in the Midwest lol) good luck, maybe I'll see you in iceland ;)

     

    Haha, Good luck to you as well but I'll be taking the cash. Don't worry about someone stealing your stuff, they sent mine with a signature required.

  3. Hey Ryandavz,

     

    Nice to see you won some cool stuff, any chance of posting the link so i can have a go at winning some fruit too for next year.

     

     

     

     

    Goose

    Edited by goose
  4. I faxed my affidavit on 01/08/2016. Received my prize package on Jan 25,2016.

  5. Hey Ryandavz,

     

    Nice to see you won some cool stuff, any chance of posting the link so i can have a go at winning some fruit too for next year.

     

     

     

     

    Goose

    Unfortunately the contest ended. It was on a cigarette manufacturer's website that is shaped like that humpbacked animal from the desrt

  6. The other assignment photos are up( #4 #5 #6) Does not show grand prize winners but it is cool to see the pics up.

  7. Still haven't heard back from susan, or received my prize, but I'm thrilled to see my picture up!!

  8. Hello,

    So is the equipment still available for sale? I am interested in purchasing it if its all new equipment.

  9. Hello,

    So is the equipment still available for sale? I am interested in purchasing it if its all new equipment.

     

    Items have been sold

  10. If the items are truly sold (not wanting to step on Ryans toes) I won the same bundle which should arrive this week that I'm also looking to sell for a reasonable offer.

    If the items are truly sold (not wanting to step on Ryans toes) I won the same bundle which should arrive this week that I'm also looking to sell for a reasonable offer.

  11. Any news on when they will be selecting the grand prize winners for assignments 4,5 and 6?

  12. In the rules it said on or about February 10.

  13. I've certainly been looking everyday. It looks like this topic has drawn at least 3 of the 10 finalists from Assignment #4 huh? May the best man (or woman) win! Mine is the pic of Machu Picchu. What are your guys entries? Mine doesn't look great stacked up against most of the others but I'm gunna keep my fingers crossed...

  14. I'm not in your group I'm in 6. Mine is the waterfall whith the rainbow. I'm sure I'm not a grand prize winner, excited to be a finalist though. Now just waiting to receive my camera equip so I can really have fun:) Good luck to all.

  15. What is the price you would take for the 14-24 lens ?

  16. Hi guys! I still have not received my photo package, but I spoke with Susan who told me they were short a few items for some of the packages (mine being the back pack) and I should be getting them soon.She told me to call her again if I haven't received them by the 20th. I've also been checking the site daily for updates.. Between waiting for the postman and results for the grand prize I've felt like a kid waiting for santa.. for months.. lol. My pic is I shot I took of a stom rolling in over lake michigan while I was walking my dog. The blue and green sky and black and white rocks.

  17. The results are in for Assignments 4,5, and 6. Congratulations to the winners!

  18. Hello everyone! Been searching all over the internet to find others that entered the contest! Congrats to everyone that was a finalist or a grand prize winner! I can not wait to get my camera gear in!

  19. Indeed. Congrats to the grand prizers!

  20. Congrates for winning in the contest. Keep participating in contest to expand your skills.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.