Hello
I used to pack my things Explorer case 7630.B. It is filled with foam. Foam is pre cubed and its make easy to cut different size holes for all kind of equipment. This pre cubed is good but maybe bad in longer use terms, because this pre cubed foam, holes what You make, quite easily like to enlarge bigger when you several times remove layers. But time will show how this is working. Of course Explorer have also soft padded dividers, but first I liked to test this foam. This case arrived with 3 thick and 2 thin layers foam.
When I started to think what case and how big case I will need, I was very sure that over wight is certain when I like to take all photo equipments and diving gears also, then I choose bigger case and hoped to fit all to one case.
First of all I think to put in this case only photo equipments, but when I received case I understand that I must try to fit all things, because its not easy to take two bag what I give away and one what I take in plain. So I decided to fit all photo equipments and dive gears to this Explorer case and only few clothes and camera and lenses I take with me in plain.
This case is so deep, that I decided to hide smaller things inside several layers. First layer (thin layer foam) I hided housing handles. Second layer started to fit bigger and more sensitive parts. I hided all parts inside second, third and fourth layer (thick layer foam). On top I used second thin layer foam to cover most photo equipments and started to fit dive gears. And I was able to fit all things. Only what isn't in picture is my BCD. It just don't fit because I have ScubaPro T-Black. But soon I will receive my travel BCD ScubaPro Geo and then all things will be one case. And end of packing I use two Explorer case three number lock to be sure that no one can so easily open and see what is inside the case.
I don't know yet is this packing will work, but end of this year October I will go travel and test it.
This case weight now max 35 kg. +/- 2 kg when I receive new BCD. Most of my traveling its not a problem, because diver can take 20 + 12 kg free of charge and 8 kg carri in baggage. If using soft badded dividers weight might be even smaller. But this in future testing.
Only problem what I have no is insurance. Because here in Estonia no insurance company don't make such value case insurance. They have maximum amount only 2000 EUR-os and all things cost much more. One company made insurance offer and two weeks cost 291 EUR. I think its to much and I will try to find cheaper solution.
Here is few pictures to show what I did:
http://aixlands.planet.ee/Kast_koos/
Best Regards
Aigar