Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

OM system 90mm macro announced

Started by ChrisRoss ·

  • 83Posts
  • 83Replies

Read-only discussion

OM system 90mm macro announced

83 posts
  1. For those interested in this lens, Backscatter has posted a review specific to UW  use.  It looks promising.  
     

    Backscatter review of OM 90mm lens

     

  2. On 7/24/2023 at 5:54 PM, Whiskeyjack said:

    I've been using this lens and quite like it. Aside from not having access to the focus limiter switch, my only complaint is that I can't get it to work with "Preset MF".

    I use Preset MF and it works like a charm for my 60mm macro, 25mm F1.8, and 12-50mm kit lens. I set the Preset distance to ZERO and then it drives all three of them to minimum focus. The 90mm with its on-lens range limiter switch may be different but I would consider it a bug. If you don't find a solution you should contact OM Systems. There may be an alternative to try in the meantime.

    On my OM-D E-M1 mkii there is a menu to assign AF limiter function to a programmable button. You can define up to 3 distance ranges of your choice. You press the button you have assigned the function to and rotate the front dial to pick one of the distance ranges. You may want to try it out. I haven't tested to see if it drives the lens to the programmed distance but it may help AF for close-up work.

  3. 15 hours ago, Glasseye Snapper said:

    I use Preset MF and it works like a charm for my 60mm macro, 25mm F1.8, and 12-50mm kit lens. I set the Preset distance to ZERO and then it drives all three of them to minimum focus. The 90mm with its on-lens range limiter switch may be different but I would consider it a bug. If you don't find a solution you should contact OM Systems. There may be an alternative to try in the meantime.

    On my OM-D E-M1 mkii there is a menu to assign AF limiter function to a programmable button. You can define up to 3 distance ranges of your choice. You press the button you have assigned the function to and rotate the front dial to pick one of the distance ranges. You may want to try it out. I haven't tested to see if it drives the lens to the programmed distance but it may help AF for close-up work.

    Yeah I've reached out to OM Systems. I'll try the other method you mentioned to see if that works.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.