Ultralight Camera Solutions

RichN

Ken @ Ultralight contacted me today, they have been busy revamping their website. Sent over a promotional code for 15% Discount that is good until Sunday at the end of the day.

https://ulcs.com

On check out, enter SS15 in the promotional code box. 

• Like 1

Awesome, thank you both! Wish EU customs also had a discount code 🤣

I do have a question if I might - I got quite a few of the AC-CSLSK2 clamps last year, as standard clamps were a bit too short to be used with Nauticam float arms. But as it turns out, this does not fully work sadly - the ball "stem" on the arms (70x200 and 90x170) is simply too thick and won't fit the cutouts.

But now there seems to be a pic of those clamps and what looks like 70x200 arms on the website, fitting the cutouts.

(https://ulcs.com/product/ac-cslsk2-clamp/#mz-expanded-view-664212568101)

Has there been any design change since perhaps ?

Edited by makar0n

1 hour ago, makar0n said:

Awesome, thank you both! Wish EU customs also had a discount code 🤣

I do have a question if I might - I got quite a few of the AC-CSLSK2 clamps last year, as standard clamps were a bit too short to be used with Nauticam float arms. But as it turns out, this does not fully work sadly - the ball "stem" on the arms (70x200 and 90x170) is simply too thick and won't fit the cutouts.

But now there seems to be a pic of those clamps and what looks like 70x200 arms on the website, fitting the cutouts.

(https://ulcs.com/product/ac-cslsk2-clamp/#mz-expanded-view-664212568101)

Has there been any design change since perhaps ?

Hi, Yes, there was a design change around June 2023, and now they will fit every arm we are aware of. We made the change on all our cutout clamps. Sadly, that doesn't help you, but don't despair. Email me (Ken) at info@ulcs.com, and I'll work out something that will work for us both. We are all about making the customer happy. 

This goes for anyone else encountering an issue; maybe things are not fitting correctly, or whatever the problem is, please let me know. Also, I am always open to any suggestions, good or bad. Maybe there is a part you think we should make or stop making. Whatever it is, let me know. We are a small business and the best way to survive is to listen to the users of our products. 

Ken Kollwitz-Owner

401 N Lombard St, Ste E

Oxnard, CA 93030

Office: (805) 485-0233

Cell: (805) 469-7288 

WhatsApp: (805) 469-7288

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2024 at 5:48 PM, UltralightCameraSolutions said:

Hi, Yes, there was a design change around June 2023, and now they will fit every arm we are aware of. We made the change on all our cutout clamps. Sadly, that doesn't help you, but don't despair. Email me (Ken) at info@ulcs.com, and I'll work out something that will work for us both. We are all about making the customer happy. 

This goes for anyone else encountering an issue; maybe things are not fitting correctly, or whatever the problem is, please let me know. Also, I am always open to any suggestions, good or bad. Maybe there is a part you think we should make or stop making. Whatever it is, let me know. We are a small business and the best way to survive is to listen to the users of our products. 

Ken Kollwitz-Owner

401 N Lombard St, Ste E

Oxnard, CA 93030

Office: (805) 485-0233

Cell: (805) 469-7288 

WhatsApp: (805) 469-7288

Now this is what I call customer service 😄  Thank you very much! I was just curious but will certainly email you, in case something can be done.

Aaanywyas, seems as it is typical with my luck 🤣, I have bought some right before June 2023, and then some more right after, but I guess EU distributors still then had "old" stock.

Hi @UltralightCameraSolutions

Do you guys have the weights of your warious arms and clamps listed anywhere? Or could you share here at least the weight of your standard clamps?

I'm currently deep down the rabbit hole of optimizing the overall weight of my rig, and discovered that there's a significant difference in weight between clamps and arms from various manufacturers. Would be nice to understand how your offerings stack up in this area.

Thanks!

Andrei

All the weights and measurements are on the product page, there are tabs, click on “additional info” next to the product description. Maybe Ken has something easier he can post but they are there. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 9:36 AM, DreiFish said:

Hi @UltralightCameraSolutions

Do you guys have the weights of your warious arms and clamps listed anywhere? Or could you share here at least the weight of your standard clamps?

I'm currently deep down the rabbit hole of optimizing the overall weight of my rig, and discovered that there's a significant difference in weight between clamps and arms from various manufacturers. Would be nice to understand how your offerings stack up in this area.

Thanks!

Andrei

Hi Andrei, I'm sorry I missed this, but I don't check this often enough. Rich is correct. You can look up all the weights and dimensions in both imperial and metric on the website. I'm happy to help as well, but I need the part number of each item so I can give you accurate information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.