RIP Martin Edge

World class photographer and author of one of the most recognised books on underwater photography
I remember taking a lesson in Bornemouth in a swimming pool to learn about strobe placement in 2014 what a lovely person

3 hours ago, TimG said:

Oh wow. Where did you see this, Massimo? 

Facebook BSOUP group and other friends 

1 hour ago, Interceptor121 said:

Facebook BSOUP group and other friends 

Thanks, Massimo

What a loss to the community. His book is the seminal guide. RIP indeed. 

I still lived and studied in Hungary when I got a scholarship to the National History Museum, London. It was the year of full eclipse, so it was in 1999. I was lucky to meet at NHM with Linda and Brian Pitkin, very nice people. Brian took me once to a BSoUP event and he was very excited. Martin Edge introduced his new book (2nd edition of the Underwater Photography) and he gave a presentation about ring-flash and blue water macro, as I remember. It was an excellent talk, very inspiring. I came back from this BSoUP meeting with lots of inspirations and a signed book from Martin. I learned a lot from his excellent book and I guess I was the first Hungarian photographer taking blue water macro (it was not that trivial before digital cameras). I feel really sorry. It's a big loss for the underwater image maker community.

• Like 1

This is the first of two parts of an old interview I did with Martin - the interview was for a written article, and the recording was just for my memory. So the sound quality is not the best. The files said it was 2006, but listening to it, I actually think it was summer 2009.

• Like 2

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.