Menjangan Island and Pemuteran 2024

Dove 2 days at Menjangan and 2 days at the Pemuteran area in late July/early August with Abyss Ocean World.

Menjangan had great dives with large walls of healthy coral. However, larger animals/fish were quite uncommon. We only saw 2 turtles and 3 sharks at a distance over 6 dives, and one or two tuna. 

A7C03613-Enhanced-NR.jpgA7C04040.jpgA7C03964-Enhanced-SR.jpg

Pemuteran macro was alright. I heard from another diver that the nudibranch and frogfish concentration was much denser in the Tulamben area. Shaun the sheep nudis were plentiful. We managed to find one mimic octopus and one pygmy seahorse over 8 dives. The mandarin fish at Pemuteran are easy to find, but getting a good shot, especially with the mating was too difficult for me. 

A7C03261-Enhanced-SR.jpgA7C03703-Enhanced-SR.jpgA7C03808-Enhanced-NR.jpgA7C03759-Enhanced-SR.jpg

A7C03098-Enhanced-SR.jpg

A7C03165-Enhanced-SR.jpg

A7C03176-Enhanced-SR.jpg

A7C03188-Enhanced-SR.jpg

A7C03353.jpg

A7C03783-Enhanced-SR.jpg

Edited by shokwaav
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Nice pics, and fond memories, I’m going back for trip number 5 next year. Always do half of it up this end, I find it is so much quieter than the rest of Bali and always some nice stuff in the bay and corals at Menjangan

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grm said:

Nice pics, and fond memories, I’m going back for trip number 5 next year. Always do half of it up this end, I find it is so much quieter than the rest of Bali and always some nice stuff in the bay and corals at Menjangan

I agree, the atmosphere was so much better than the city.

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.