Keldan flood (my mistake) - and now what can we do for the battery?

As the title says, if you don't check that the cap is tight at the battery area, then you will flood it....

The light (is the keldan torch) seems to be alive as i can understand that is sealed with resin from the battery area.

And i have to fix the Keldan Battery 49 Wh Li-Ion.

New cost nearly 400 euros, so any advice how to fix it will be great.

As i understand, 4 18650 with a microcontroler and the changing are are what makes the battery pack.

How to proceed?

• Sad 1

I'm sorry to hear what happened 😞

Did you try to write directly to Keldan?

Keldan batteries have a proprietary circuit showing runtime and time to full charge, so it depends if the circuit is still working. Time ago a got battery replaced here in Italy but the circuit was ok.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, homodelphinius said:

Just email them - i will see with an engineer if we can test the proprietary circuit, if is alive or not.

Lesson learned ... 

Hope you get that sorted. I'm sure most of us have done something like that.

Keldan ask to send the torch for inspection as well since damage might occur also to the head.

Battery is dead!

And here come the question, should i send it or buy a new (Bigblue TL4800P LED dive light / tech light or analogous)?

And making a comparison with my Weefine Solar Flare 13000 Lumen (i own the previous version of 12000 Lumen), what i see as a missing part is the vacuum valve that Weefine have.

Maybe that has to be a standard (?) to high end lights and torches (even for tec dive) since that componet of equpment makes you to use is as mandatory step.

You don't want to throw away a Keldan, do you? What model is it? Once you repair the flooded one, if you have a pair, they will be very easy to sell. They are very rare in the used market, and there is a reason for that.

BTW I didn't know there were vacuum valve lights. I think it's unique.

It depends on your use but if you have a Keldan CRI you will find huge differences in color correction in post. Impossible to compare them with the BigBlue ones that don't even have constant output. Again, they are the cheapest on the market for a reason.

I see they are used mostly as model lights to enlight caves and wrecks.

1 hour ago, Davide DB said:

You don't want to throw away a Keldan, do you? What model is it? Once you repair the flooded one, if you have a pair, they will be very easy to sell. They are very rare in the used market, and there is a reason for that.

It depends on your use but if you have a Keldan CRI you will find huge differences in color correction in post. Impossible to compare them with the BigBlue ones that don't even have constant output. Again, they are the cheapest on the market for a reason.

I see they are used mostly as model lights to enlight caves and wrecks.

is the discontinued Dive 4S model - not video light but actual torch. Now they have the 8S model.

So, i have mixed feelings .... 

cost of DHL + service + battery ....  

1 hour ago, Davide DB said:

It is something that KELDAN should make it by just upgrading the cap of the backdoor.

It will give extra safety in various situations (even for dummies like my mistake).

• Like 1

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.