Skip to content

Howdy from West Texas!

Featured Replies

I wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the group though I am actually retiring from scuba diving after 50 years and 2,359 logged dives. That may not be many dives for some of you but it is about as many as my budget has allowed. I started taking photos underwater very early, going through inexpensive to better equipment and various cameras and housings. I flooded the cheap uw cameras, dealt with a bit of saltwater in Nikonos V cameras, but achieved greater success after switching to Nexus housings. I have a website with land and underwater photos. The website will let me relive the great times I have spent underwater while I continue to process images that I haven't gotten to yet.

Larry L. Jackson

San Angelo, Texas

Kraken Sports

Hi Larry, glad we got you set up and it’s good to see you here! Fifty years and 2,359 dives is certainly nothing to downplay.

You may be retiring from diving, but there’s still plenty to talk about here! Looking forward to seeing some of those photos as you work through the backlog and hearing a few stories along the way. Welcome aboard!

  • Author

Wow, Tim G it is so nice to know you are around here. Our time with you at KBR was really special. Those were really good times my friend.

Rich. Thanks so much for helping me get set up. As I mentioned to you in an e-mail, having been a forum moderator many years ago, your job is too often thankless. While new here, I appreciate what you do.

10 hours ago, Larry L Jackson said:

Wow, Tim G it is so nice to know you are around here. Our time with you at KBR was really special. Those were really good times my friend.

Rich. Thanks so much for helping me get set up. As I mentioned to you in an e-mail, having been a forum moderator many years ago, your job is too often thankless. While new here, I appreciate what you do.

Totally agree, Larry. You were a brilliant guest! So sad that KBR has gone. I heard Mark died.

Well, Mr. Jackson, it appears you know all the heavy hitters on this site! Aloha and welcome!

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.